Window Washer Just Stopped Working

Currently reading:
Window Washer Just Stopped Working

dirtboxden

hi there, im just looking for some advice if anyone can help

for no real reason today my window screen washer stopped working, i only used it maybe 10mins before hand and it was fine,
maybe i should just mention that i have a 2014 500L 1.3 mutijet 7 seater

so when i pull on the steering wheel stalk to engage the washer i dont even get a sound from the washer pump anymore
that made me think that maybe the fuse had gone, i got back home and checked the fuse but it seemed fine

so im guessing that the pump has gone,
before i go out and buy a new pump and spend half the day trying to fit it can any think off anything i should check first
also has anyone replaced one before is it a tricky job

thanks in advance

ok i ended buying a used washer pump from ebay, i bought the exact same part rather then a cheap third party pump
i got the Metzger 71740942 pump, lucky there used in lot of different cars so there easy enough to get, they are £35 new and around £10 used

how to replace to the pump in 20minis

1) remove passenger side front wheel,

2) if your lucky like me then you will see a removable panel in the wheel liner, its held in with two plastic screws , remove the panel or if you have a earlier model you will need to remove the liner screws and pull it back to access the washer bottle pump, you only need to remove half the screw then pull it back rather then take the whole liner out

3) just pull out old pump, remove the two hoses and the replace it with your new one

it really is that simple and there's no need to pay anyone to do this job, it really is a simple 20min operation

hi there, im just looking for some advice if anyone can help

for no real reason today my window screen washer stopped working, i only used it maybe 10mins before hand and it was fine,
maybe i should just mention that i have a 2014 500L 1.3 mutijet 7 seater

so when i pull on the steering wheel stalk to engage the washer i dont even get a sound from the washer pump anymore
that made me think that maybe the fuse had gone, i got back home and checked the fuse but it seemed fine

so im guessing that the pump has gone,
before i go out and buy a new pump and spend half the day trying to fit it can any think off anything i should check first
also has anyone replaced one before is it a tricky job

thanks in advance
Bit late I know but if its cold where you are and you just have water in the bottle it could be frozen solid

Dont forget to fit the washer pipes the same way around (DAHIK).

We have a current thread on Panda Mk3 forum where a blown reverse light fuse took out a load of stuff including the washers. CanBus can do strange things.

Back