Fiat Ducato revs limited after start

Currently reading:
Fiat Ducato revs limited after start

netazrael

Hi and thanks!!
I own a Fiat Ducato 2004 (2000cc Diesel) motorhome. A week ago i managed to stall the engine at some traffic lights. I started the engine again ( i know..I should have wait) but the engine woudlnt rev passing 2000 revs...After few minutes and a couple of re-starts, everything was back to normal.
I drove it with no problems after that. Yesterday, after a start and stop...it did happend again , and solved itself out with no problem ...
My question is, should I worry about this?....
thanks in advance!!!!!

Indeed.

The broken solenoid in the throttle body makes sense.

Stalling a healthy diesel engine under full load is an explosive event. I did and it fractured the clutch pressure plate assembly on my Croma 2005 1.9MJet.

For those that may have used Dover port then during entry passage to the final checking booths there is a short and very steep ramp. We were on our way to Italy with caravan in tow and about to enjoy our holiday.

Anyway a complete idiot screwed us. I always wait for vehicles to clear ramps so we don't excessively wear or damage the clutch when towing. On this occasion the idiot in front (with caravan) had reach the top of the ramp with free road ahead (which I could see) and he just stopped. Got out of the car to fetch paperwork from the back of the car. This totally caught me out. He then moved of leaving me stranded on this very steep incline. Not wanting to high rev the hill start just as I got the car moving it stalled. There was a horrendous bang and jerk that shook the whole car badly. Tried again but this time with excessive revs. Cleared the ramp only to lose the clutch pressure and pedal not returning.

Stalling a fully loaded diesel engine is best avoided!

Back