Speed cameras (again)

Currently reading:
Speed cameras (again)

Well said that girl - see it all too often.

Maybe we should resort to the American freeway system, maybe not!!!

Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, 53 plate, with options :D Angel Tuning [see ad] tuned ;)

I just taken my GF to work, there is a one-way system around her work. I parked in the car park as she got out of the car, I watch this oldish (55ish) pull out of the car park, ignoring the one way system sign, which has an arrow pointing RIGHT, and he turned left into on comming traffic! luckily there were no accidents.
I was also out on the weekend in national speeds, came up behind a mini cooper S doing 40mph! [:0]

Chris
Sig_copy.jpg

Stuart
First accident - i was stopped at a red light, 19 year old driver behind drove into back of my car. His passenger, also young (18 ish)said in her police statement that even if he had not been changing stations on his radio at the time he might still have hit me due to excess speed.

Second accident - i was driving on a country road in a land rover and was hit head on by a fiesta that came round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road.Serious injuries to other driver so will never know what went wrong but vehicle examiner said that his car was mechanically OK before accident.Thanks to land rover only bruises for me.

I dont think i could (or should) have done anything different at either of those times.

Third accident - similar to first except that when i stopped at a zebra crossing, was hit from behind and pushed (12 feet) into a lady with baby in push chair on the crossing. I had been stopped long enough for her to have walked more than half way across but this was apparently not sufficient time for the 17 year old driver who hit me to bring his car to a stop.I still have nightmares about the sight of that pushchair, with the baby in it being being smashed by the front of my car.

I have learnt from the last one and always stop a long way short of crossing points so that if the same thing happens again i won't be pushed far enough to hit anyone on the crossing. I have to live with fact that if i had done that on that day the baby might not have been hurt.

Back