Technical Smelly Heater

Currently reading:
Technical Smelly Heater

Geddes

Established member
Taking time out from moaning about crap accident repairs. When I got my Panda I noticed the heater produced a kind of hot waxy smell. I though it was just because it was new and would fade.
Well, six months on and it still smells. Does anyone else's do that?

Same here with my Dynamic, the only time I get pongs coming through is when I drive through them (the fan is set to bring in the outside air rather than recirculate)

There's a very definite smell of candle wax when the heater's on. I thought it must be some paint or something on the heater matrix cooking off, but you'd think it would have stopped by now.
Odd

Yep, same here, bang on six months old and still smelly. It doesn't bother me though, reminds me that it's still new. :)
Same here with my 500. I'm sure it'll disappear in the winter when the heater gets more use.

OK then, thanks all.
I'll just hope it stops smelling one day.

The heater is probably burning off dust...
If the car is new, I suggest you keep the fan on 1 and the temperature setting on just under half (unless it's too hot:rolleyes:)
Worked for me (y)

Regards
AeroMad

The heater is probably burning off dust...
If the car is new, I suggest you keep the fan on 1 and the temperature setting on just under half (unless it's too hot:rolleyes:)
Worked for me (y)

Regards
AeroMad
Definitely isn't dust. I've had my heater on for quite a while sometimes and the smell is still there.

If your farts smell like my heater you need to go to hostpital.

Back