Technical Broken Heater Blend Door

Currently reading:
Technical Broken Heater Blend Door

TheGreenMachine

Hey All.

I have a 2011 Panda 100hp and a couple of days ago the heaters stopped blowing hot air. I’ve done some investigating this afternoon, I removed the motor that adjusts the heater blend door, that works fine, but I noticed the the half moon drive gear it operated had a piece of plastic snapped off inside (heater box side) which I assume should be attached to the heater blend door, to open and close it, which is why I have no heat. My question is, is there any way to repair this or is it a case of having to get the dashboard out and replace the entire heater/ac unit from the car?

Thanks
2F0EF523-3E07-4069-82F6-AC1BCA014354.jpeg

If you search (top right magnifying glass) should be a fair few hits. It’s a fairly common on models with climate control.

Lots more in the 500 section which uses the same parts

If you search (top right magnifying glass) should be a fair few hits. It’s a fairly common on models with climate control.

Lots more in the 500 section which uses the same parts

Thank you. I think I’ll try getting a screw through the gear first to try and keep it operating as it should and that fails then I’ll try just manually jamming the flap open.

Hey All.

I have a 2011 Panda 100hp and a couple of days ago the heaters stopped blowing hot air. I’ve done some investigating this afternoon, I removed the motor that adjusts the heater blend door, that works fine, but I noticed the the half moon drive gear it operated had a piece of plastic snapped off inside (heater box side) which I assume should be attached to the heater blend door, to open and close it, which is why I have no heat. My question is, is there any way to repair this or is it a case of having to get the dashboard out and replace the entire heater/ac unit from the car?

Thanks View attachment 413097
Wow that look good. First set of non standard wheels I have seen that suit the car so well.

I have now managed to fix the issue and retain the full functionality of the heat control. I noticed the the 1/4 moon gear that the motor actuates and the in turn actuated the blend door has a hollow pin running through the centre. I found a long thin self tapping screw which I reduced the diameter of the head to fit inside the pin and screwed straight through the gear and into the end of the heater blend door, then refitted the motor.
Quite a simple fix in the end, know idea how long it will last but hopefully it gets me through this winter fingers crossed 🤞

Back