Technical Sluggish 1.6

Currently reading:
Technical Sluggish 1.6

As have had car for a couple of weeks now am pretty pleased with it BUT have noticed that it is 'sluggish' at low revs in 1st, 2nd & reverse.

Have just done a service, more out of being nosy where everything was (air filter is 'different' but got there) and had hopes that it would improve.

Today had a decent run in car and from 3rd upwards it is a decent car.

Some mechanical experience BUT nothing too detailed.

It's all relative really, you could say all cars are sluggish at low revs so can you describe more of what you're experiencing?
"Sluggish in reverse" sounds difficult to imagine:)
Does it just not accelerate well at all until you hit a certain rpm?

Almost cutting out doesn't sound good. What's the story with plugs, air filter, any fault warning or fault codes?

Dare I ask, has it had a cambelt change recently?

Try disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset the ecu so it relearns the best settings again

Almost cutting out doesn't sound good. What's the story with plugs, air filter, any fault warning or fault codes?

Dare I ask, has it had a cambelt change recently?

Try disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset the ecu so it relearns the best settings again

On Sunday changed air filter (gave inside a wipe as well even though it looked ok), oil & oil filter. Changed coolant.

Cambelt - no idea but was hoping that it would not be metioned as have seen the price of cam locking tools :)eek:), have changed a couple of belts in the past.

So you've recently bought the car and it's always been like this?
I'd check the plugs for good measure although it won't probably fix your problem at least you have a firm start to go on and then I'd reset the ecu and see where you are from there
HTML:

Back