sheffield - where to live, where not to live

Currently reading:
sheffield - where to live, where not to live

not buying.

she doesn't drive, and, really, why not live in Sheffield!

With a week and half turnaround, you arent in a good posistion to maybe get something sorted out in Sheff.

Just offering the suggestion of maybe looking further affield temporarily, and then when you are fixed up more permanent go for a place in Sheff.

At least you would get more choice of finding something in your parameters

Last edited:
With a week and half turnaround, you arent in a good posistion to maybe get something sorted out in Sheff.

Just offering the suggestion of maybe looking further affield temporarily, and then when you are fixed up more permanent go for a place in Sheff.

At least you would get more choice of finding something in your parameters

In sheff with all the standing stock it is a buyers market. You play 3 or 4 blocks off against each other and you will get them down in price easily as they are pissing money away at the minute with all their empty apartments.

In sheff with all the standing stock it is a buyers market. You play 3 or 4 blocks off against each other and you will get them down in price easily as they are pissing money away at the minute with all their empty apartments.

i am not aware of the housing situation in Sheff but if this is the case then it should be no problems then :)

They have gone apartment crazy and built a good couple of thousand flats with a total of about 20% being let or sold so plenty of choice and barganing power ;)

Go on right move and contact the estate agents that are advertising them. Give a few a ring and tell them what you want etc and ask them to email stuff info through to you and arrange some viewings. All of the new blocks will have a show suite that will be open 6 days a week so might be worth spending a day in sheffield going round them all to see which you prefer and then you can have a walk round sheffield to see which area is better for you :)

Which uni is youur GF going to? Hallam or sheff uni?

planning to head to Sheffield for the day on Saturday. Just going through loads of places now. argh my head hurts.

She is going to Hallam, but will be studying at the Collegiate Campus.

theres some new flats just on the end of eccasal road, which is litrally minutes away from said campus, eccy road being quite a popular area of sheff with students. for the life of me i cant remember anything the banner on the side of the building said in regards to who are letting them out... but im going up there aoon after the bf finishes work so i'll have a gander as i drive past (y)

theres some new flats just on the end of eccasal road, which is litrally minutes away from said campus, eccy road being quite a popular area of sheff with students. for the life of me i cant remember anything the banner on the side of the building said in regards to who are letting them out... but im going up there aoon after the bf finishes work so i'll have a gander as i drive past (y)

did you get the name off the banner?

yay, you're nearer for a visit :D x

aye, nearer the right side of the country eh!

Wards brewery is nice on the end of eccy road, also another place we was looking at. You also get an underground secure parking space and within 5-10 min walk to Hallam from there and same again to the city center.

sorted a place, S1. Just off west street. Only 1 bedroom, came in slightly under budget but has underground parking. Gone on a 6month contract, then once we know the area and have more time to look we can look at other places, possibly further out from the centre.

Looked at one place on Queen Mary road, middle of the new developments. It was huge, and cheaper. BUT it was close to the park, and the otherside of the park didn't look too nice (Manor?) and it put approx 3miles away from the centre.

Yes Manor is the main area to avoid lol

haha, glad we didn't go for that one then. I didn't like the thought of her having to walk through the older bits of the estate to get to the bus / route tram routes, especially late at night etc. BUT, it was huge and nice inside, and cheap.. if we wanted to just stay indoors all the time it'd be grand lol

No its not the best place to be. Ive walked down at the bottom of it at night before with 10 people and we had one bloke start following us to try and rob us lol

It's not too great is it, Manor.

I had a stanley knife in my chest there. That's what you get for helping a mate when a scuffle breaks out lol

It was 14 years ago though so it might be a better area now.

But then I somehow doubt it...

Back