Technical Service intervals & warranty work

Currently reading:
Technical Service intervals & warranty work

HornetUK

Established member
Could someone confirm if I have the following 100% correct.

Stilo purchased new and 1st registered 13/3/04

Service on 12/3/05 (8k) and 7/2/06 (20k in total on clock since new)

Now service light saying service due on 7/2/07 and I'm now on 27k in total.

Am I right in thinking I have to get my car serviced by 8/3/07 (is there a 30 day +/- rule????) to keep within the servicing requirements of the warranty remaining valid upto 13/3/07?

So if I get car serviced by an indy Fiat garage on say 1/3/07 and anything is wrong I just got to dealers and it will be covered, if of course it is a warranty issue?

Anyone know if I have all of this right?

On another point on 1/3 can I also get indy to do MOT and they can date it expires 13/3/08? Or is that not allowed anymore?

3rd year warranty book, which I just found says service has to be carried out within +/- 1000 miles or 30 days so as long as I have it done within 30 days of 7/2/07 I'm sure waranty in tact still.

Anyone confirm this is true or am I reading wrong?

The handbook clearly states 1 month / 1000 mile tolerance on service due.

If they argue about the service date and warranty, simply show them the hand book. I don't think they will though, unless you put in some big ticket claims. Of course they will try to escape warranty claims - they always do try to reduce what Fiat pays. (and hence increase what the customer pays - IMO / E)

the hand book does state a tolerance of 1,000 miles or 30 days which ever is soonest So you can have your car serviced up to 13,000 miles or 13 months after its last service, giving you more for your money.

Dealers happy to do warranty work (its their bread & butter so to speak) its 3rd year warranty that problems occur with 'whats covered/not covered' etc...dealer must be sure he will get paid before carrying out work either from warranty company/customer.

bear in mind a third party warranty will have a different set of rules, warranty direct is 15 days and 500 miles if i remeber correctly

Back