General Sense of satisfaction and an oddity on the rear lights.

Currently reading:
General Sense of satisfaction and an oddity on the rear lights.

So, this little base model punto 1.2 I bought for the daughter so she's not stranded without a car (long story) and I will "inherit" when they sort their new car - decided it needs a bit of tlc.
So, yesterday I've done plugs, oil filter and oil change, air filter and replaced the broken rear reversing light unit. Its so nice to work on a nice straight forward engine, reminds me of my first car, a wee 1976 mini!

Next step though, we've known there's an intermittent bulb warning, seems to only come on at certain times and decided it's time for further investigation as all bulbs seem to work and it's been through the mot with no issues!

You probably can't see in the picture below but...

IMG_5256 copy.jpg

There's a bulb completely missing from the middle section! I didn't realise that there's a running light in there! It's not working on the opposite cluster, so 2 bulbs bought and it's investigation time today! (Just noticed that annoying bit of rust on the bottom of the cluster too!)

The 4 x prongs at the electrical connector often corrode, check Alloy pins on the Loom and Steel ones on the BulbHolder

My warnings are often for brake lights.. 😕

TIP:

Select both Hazards and Sidelights

Walk to rear.. Is everything on.. Look for Pulsing of the Red lamps

Wriggle connectors to improve things

Next Tread on Brake pedal..
Will ping the Bukb warning IF the brake light is Off.. Or just Slow to show 😉

Have fun 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_104914.jpg
    IMG_20240120_104914.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 19
I have this exact issue, well, not the missing bulb. But that connection. I bought a second hand one from ebay, the issue was worse, went to the scrap yard to pull one off a car, same almost burnt 3rd pin. Did you figure out a way to fix?

I have this exact issue, well, not the missing bulb. But that connection. I bought a second hand one from ebay, the issue was worse, went to the scrap yard to pull one off a car, same almost burnt 3rd pin. Did you figure out a way to fix?

Have you tried filing the damaged pin?

To get back to metal contact surface 😉

(you probably need to "clean and adjust" the Alloy connection in the wiring plug also)

Plenty of help in here, just ask 👍

Ive bought a new multiplug from ebay to fit but not got to it yet as car is 40 miles away and I do shifts. Hoping it will cure the now bad earth which is causing the running lights to dim when indicator is on.

Back