Technical Selespeed Reservoir Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Selespeed Reservoir Replacement

Greggers

has pooped his pants
Hi all! Been off of here for a while due to marital problems... meh, whatcha gonna do? :D

I'm planning on changing my Selespeed reservoir to allow me to fit a strutbrace to my Abarth. The OEM reervoir sits on the strut mount and stops you mounting brace without doing a complete bodge job. I'm not interested in bodging it, so I've got my hands on a 147 Selespeed reservoir which is a better size and shape and should allow the brace to be fitted without things getting in the way.

My question is, is there any technincal reason why I can't replace the OEM reservoir with the 147 one? At the end of the day, it's just a fluid reservoir with two pipes for feed and return, yeah? Anyone have any suggestions for mounting it?

Pics of the 147 and the OEM reservoir...

Cheers!

Attachments

• 147_reservoir1.JPG
    147_reservoir1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 147_reservoir2.JPG
    147_reservoir2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • OEM_reservoir.JPG
    OEM_reservoir.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 39
  • OEM_reservoir2.jpg
    OEM_reservoir2.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 45
  • strut3.jpg
    strut3.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 40
What are the capacities of each?
That's the only thing that I can think would maybe be an issue. But if it works on the Alfa it should work on the Fiat.
Other than that, I'd say go for it..... but then again I'm no selespeed expert :eek:

That's a good question... I'll check that. Do you think that it really matters that much? The level never drops so I'd have thought that as long as there's a decent amount of fluid in there, it should be fine? Yes... no?

I think the biggest problem is going to be trying to fit it into the bay in the space of the old reservoir :rolleyes:

OT. Your GSR seems to have disspeared?

lol... It's not my car :D I robbed the photos off someone else as I didn't have any of my own handy. Many thanks to whoever kindly donated them to me (y)

The GSR and CDA still live on in my baby. I'm currently in the process of fitting an intake pipe to the CDA... just need to find the best place for the opening now. Bumper or the space infront of the wheel arch... hmmm :rolleyes:

Don't forget you will not only have to consider the reservoir, but the two big ECU sockets (top right adjacent to the engine cover) will need re-positioning, to avoid fouling the brace.

Don't forget you will not only have to consider the reservoir, but the two big ECU sockets (top right adjacent to the engine cover) will need re-positioning, to avoid fouling the brace.

Yeah, it's not so bad on the early Abarths... much bigger issue for you Schumi drivers :D

I think it'll only involve a bit of cable tying of the cables but more investigation is required... :rolleyes:

The bit I'd be worried about is the maximum fluid level.

I'm not sure about this, but both my 156 Sele and my Stilo have maximum marks for Selespeed fluid. I'd guess you'll have to be happy the amount of fluid in the system is right as too much can do as much damage as too little.

Back