see ya!

Currently reading:
see ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i will be really sorry to be seeing you go...i hope we stay in touch via msn

talk to you soon

i hope

regards

Dillinger39

Steve said:
Clique, not click. I disagree. I live in NI and have never met any of the English/Scottish/Welsh members. I was welcomed right from the outset and made to feel part of the forum. I think the majority of users would say the same thing. It's inevitable that people will disagree and take offence to jokes or other people's points of view, but like I say, such is life. Most of us here are adults and sufficiently worldly wise and thick skinned not to go off the deep end over relatively trivial matters. If certain users aren't then that is squarely their problem. Maybe when they've experienced life a bit more they will realise that at the end of the day this is merely an internet forum and in the real world it doesn't really matter. Turn the PC off and if it's a problem for you the problem will immediately be solved.
Christ, thank god for someone with common sense!! I, like charmed 103 have been made to feel more than welcome and my kids have fell out with me as im considering cancelling sky due to the fact im always on here!! But at the end of the day this is a forum to exchange views and opinions and if you cant handle other peoples comments, what on earth are you doing here? I never met or spoke to emm & nobody intentionaly sets out to upset others on here but lets get with the system here. Its a big bad world outside your front door and it dont get any easier as you get older so if you cant handle a forum you may aswell quit now. What a boring life we would all have if we all had the same views& opinions, i love a bit of conflict it gets the thread buzzing and if youre honest most of you lot do to as it will be proved by how long this thread goes on for. Im very sorry if i have offended any of you with my opinion but hey!! thats exactly what it is-"MY OPINION"and i welcome you to share your views about it.Dont worry either, im a big boy now and i wont throw my toys out my pram and cry ill take the knocks and be back tmrw. Long live Fiat Forum and all of you who use it.Forget the rest youre the best.

MATT 68 said:
Christ, thank god for someone with common sense!! I, like charmed 103 have been made to feel more than welcome and my kids have fell out with me as im considering cancelling sky due to the fact im always on here!! But at the end of the day this is a forum to exchange views and opinions and if you cant handle other peoples comments, what on earth are you doing here? I never met or spoke to emm & nobody intentionaly sets out to upset others on here but lets get with the system here. Its a big bad world outside your front door and it dont get any easier as you get older so if you cant handle a forum you may aswell quit now. What a boring life we would all have if we all had the same views& opinions, i love a bit of conflict it gets the thread buzzing and if youre honest most of you lot do to as it will be proved by how long this thread goes on for. Im very sorry if i have offended any of you with my opinion but hey!! thats exactly what it is-"MY OPINION"and i welcome you to share your views about it.Dont worry either, im a big boy now and i wont throw my toys out my pram and cry ill take the knocks and be back tmrw. Long live Fiat Forum and all of you who use it.Forget the rest youre the best.
sorry matt, you dont know the full story. i do and its not pleasent.

sumplug said:

Even if its not do you need to make a big song and dance about leaving?

I was a less active member for a few weeks because i was sick of this - the comments made towards me and my new car were ridiculas. I didnt make a big deal about leaving i just went.

I came back because someone pointed me back to a thread about my old car thinking it could be mine. It was so i posted a couple of times and now i've found that people actually missed me being here ;)

So what i dont drive a fiat and the majority of my posts are in the LL, people still want you here and you make a hell of a lot of friends in the time you spend here.

If you want people to say sorry, ask for an apology. If you want to go because of a conflict then go, but dont make it seem like you've been forced out as unless you've been banned you'll always be a welcome member.

black_cinq said:
I was a less active member for a few weeks because i was sick of this - the comments made towards me and my new car were ridiculas. I didnt make a big deal about leaving i just went.

So what i dont drive a fiat and the majority of my posts are in the LL, people still want you here and you make a hell of a lot of friends in the time you spend here.
Many people on here are passionate about Fiats, but believe it or not, other cars are available! (Don't tell dave - it'll upset him ;)) I'm sure that most, if not all of the posts about Lora's bright yellow bug were tongue-in-cheek, but sometimes it's not interpreted correctly, because it's difficult to tell in the written word. At least with a bright yellow car you can be spotted when you get lost on the way to Skegness eh Lora? :p
And if Lora continues to post here, when her Fiat ownership has ended, along with others (Wolfracepunto springs to mind), and attends meets (like Skegness) then surely it's because it's a friendly place to be?
And Lora, most of your posts in LL? There are over 2000 that aren't!
H

Last edited:
The majority of the posts were tongue in cheek yes, but it does get a bit boring after a while. Afterall if it had a fiat badge on you lot would like it ;)

Yeah sorry i forgot to post about the friendliness of the place!

I went to Skegness last year after my fiat ownership had ended as well organising the clubbing side of the Birmingham meet. I'll also be at skeggy this year and other alcohol involved events! I've made a lot of good friends on here and i'm not going to give it up just because i've bought a new car.

I admit this place isnt for everyone, and as the population of FF has grown its changed alot. I've only been here two years and noticed a huge difference. If people dont like the changes then thats fine but dont try to make others feel guilty for pushing you out. Everyones trying to adapt.

Afterall its only a forum.

black_cinq said:
Even if its not do you need to make a big song and dance about leaving?

I came back because someone pointed me back to a thread about my old car thinking it could be mine. It was so i posted a couple of times and now i've found that people actually missed me being here ;)

If you want people to say sorry, ask for an apology. If you want to go because of a conflict then go, but dont make it seem like you've been forced out as unless you've been banned you'll always be a welcome member.
emm has posted once on this subject. she has not gone on to say bad things and milk it. she left for reasons that are her own. i think it should be left now.

sumplug said:
Sorry sumplug, but i dont think you read my comments correctly.ITS A FORUM,its all about differences of opinion.If what happened was so bad why wasnt the offending person reprimanded? Perhaps every one else wasnt so easily offended.No i dont know the full story but unless the offender has committed murder/rape or some other serious offence i dont wish to to know.But remember "THATS JUST MY OPINION" everyone has one. SORRY!

black_cinq said:

If I was to blame for any part of it, I'm sorry Lora :) Though I've taken the p out of your car, that's just me. Then again, you've had ample opportunity to return the favour (and by God you've taken it ;) :D) Though I would have probably caught up with you elsewhere and carried on taking the p (unless you told me to stop of course :p) if you left FF, so you wouldn't have totally escaped it :D.

Now, I don't know the full story about Emm (though I think it had something to do with felines) so I can't comment on that - but I can see where Matt is coming from. I enjoy using this forum and all aspects of it, even when I'm locking horns with someone else :D

As for the friendliness of the forum - you only need to look at me as an example. I went to a city that I had never driven in before, on my own, to meet a bunch of people who I had never met. Hell, I didn't even know them all that well. Not only that, we were all lumped together and you know what? I had a fantastic time, even when I was cursing at Birmingham's one way system! :D I don't think there can be a higher testament to this forum's members friendliness. I certainly can't wait for Skeggy in September :)

at the end of the day, u cant please everyone all the time....

IMHO if someone chooses to leave because of this, then that is their decision and shouldnt reflect on the general feeling / atmosphere of the forum.

ive been here for quite a while now, and during this time have signed up to various other car based forums, and have found that NONE even come close to the friendly feeling of this one.... sure people get pissed off, attitudes clash, people take things the wrong way, but basically.... thats life.

What gets to me is this - if someone wants to leave, then fine, it is their decision. And according to sumplug, Emm has 'left for reasons that are her own'.

Therefore, why then make a thread up in LL saying 'see ya'. Emm had already said she had spoken to the people she needed to speak to, so why not end it there?

Oh no, that won't cause a reaction, will it - so lets do a leaving thread instead :rolleyes: - get a grip (y)

Stuart DemonD said:
What gets to me is this - if someone wants to leave, then fine, it is their decision. And according to sumplug, Emm has 'left for reasons that are her own'.

Therefore, why then make a thread up in LL saying 'see ya'. Emm had already said she had spoken to the people she needed to speak to, so why not end it there?

Oh no, that won't cause a reaction, will it - so lets do a leaving thread instead :rolleyes: - get a grip (y)
:yeahthat: :whogives: :nerner:Thats exactly what i had been feeling since the very first thread Stuart but i didnt want to say it as god forbid i might "OFFEND" somebody!(y) :woot:

Emm said:
Due to a conflict of interests both recently and in the past, i will no longer be posting on the Fiat Forum.

I have made many good friends during my time here and have contact details for most of them
This post is for the purpose of letting anyone that wants to keep in touch that they can do so at [email protected] and of course i will still be in regular contact with the other car club forums that i am a member of.

So Long........EMM
to all members. here is the thread. what is wrong with it. she says she has made many friends, and to keep in touch, put a contact link in. so why are you lot going on about it.
as for lora leaving, she did actually leave. she is proberly sensitive like a lot of ladies. but you lot carried on regardless. but she came back. now another lady has left. are you getting the picture? the knives were out. who threw them is past history, but they were thrown. picture a bit clearer?

sumplug said:
picture a bit clearer?

not really... none of that made a great deal of sense.

although i agree... i read this post when it started, and it sounded to me like she was saying she wasn't going to be around, so people could feel free to get in touch with her... i didn't really think of the connotations behind her saying "there have been problems but i'm not going into them". So this same post, which in one form or another seems to popping up over the forum from time to time, seems more to be coming from the people who reply to the thread, not the thread starter...

again, only my opinion, but it seems to me like this is something out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back