General Security???

Currently reading:
General Security???

Toomanytoys

Had my car (Audi) broke into last night.. wrecked the right door handle and broke something off in the left lock.. nicked the stereo..

Whats the security like on the panda's? steroe integrated so not worth nicking? etc...

Yeah, I know it wont stop them getting in and trying it on... but maybe a modern car just isnt worth the hassle...

They'd need the key to drive off, but no matter the security, it's always easy to break a window and take anything left in view. I never keep anything in my car.

I never keep anything in my car.

Me to......oh except for my 'attack Panda' cuddly toy, "John Lewis" (named after the retailer I got him from.:eek: I find he sits perfectly happily behind the cup holder between the front seats. Not even the 'bouncy' suspension and tight cornering shifts him. All without the aid of velcro support pants.

Always tempted to give him a mention when I'm asked by insurers if I have any additional security devices onboard.:devil:

Yeah, nothing else was in the car, but you cant take a normal din fitting radio out every time you park.. thats why they have moved to the integrated systems...

one of the down sides with running an old car....
looking to change for sure... but havent got the money to get the 100hp at present...:( still dont know what the future holds for the next few months...

If you can't afford a new car but don't want your stereo nicked, you could get a standard din stereo with a removable front. There are plenty of them in Halfords, or buy your own one back on ebay. (Not that ebay is full of theives, of course. Not full)

was a removable front but didnt stop them breaking in and nicking it.....

funny that.... I thought ebay was full of honest people..... !!!!

Yep.....
Donr have sat nav, I have heard they look for the bracket or "stain" on the windscreen as most people put it in the glovebox or under seat...
Put it down to old foreign reg car.. easy to get in (well they made it harder) and thought there might be other stuff in there...

Been and ordered the new door handle suround plate assy (inc new barrel) and 1 new barrel and a key.. and they will set the barrels up for my key too.. all for 80 euro inc vat... which I thought was pretty dam good...

At least they didn't peel the door itself open and wreck it.
Bad luck but it could have been worse...

Back