General Rear brake shoe securing cup,spring and pin

Currently reading:
General Rear brake shoe securing cup,spring and pin

tonyn

Does anybody know what size, length wise, the securing pin that fits thru from the back plate into the cup, the one which holds the shoe in place?
Have lost one and I am hoping i can get one at my local halfords

Thanks

They match the springs. So if they been change they might not be the same

Originals are 25 mm I believe

I would measure the one that you still have

You'll probably need a brake shoe fitting kit, including all springs, like this one here

It's unlikely you'd be able to get just one pin on its own, and I would be very surprised if Halfords stock them at all.

If you need them in a hurry, then Shop4Parts usually deliver next day, or check with local motor factors for stock.

Good luck:)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheapest I could find with any possibility of today pick up

Pagid Brake Shoe Fitting Accessory are less than £6 at euro car parts. If you click and connect you will get 40% off

Looks like they should fit. Even though the ones I was looking at weren't for a Fiat

GSF also sell them but are nearly £10 just for one side

thanks everyone for the help and info
Halfords are a dead loss, youre right they dont stock them.
Managed to sort the problem temporarily. Styripped it all down, will pick up the parts ineed tomorrow , measured the old reataining pind and it is 38mm long. Thanks again everyone

One thing that's got me out of trouble more times than I'd care to admit is a strong magnet on a stick.

I always put a mat down to catch anything that drops, but even so the ability of small fixings, screws & nuts to bounce and disappear is quite remarkable.

I thought I'd lost the retaining cup that goes with that pin and spring when I did my rear brakes last month. That little spring can fire it a surprising distance! Also the front caliper lower slider pin - it wouldn't budge at all, then shot out and vanished.

Magnet to the rescue on both occasions.

The Pagid ones aren't nearly as good as the original ones but they'll do. If you have more problems than just one spring retainer, I'd suggest you get the whole lot in the Pagid kit, like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pagid-Pr...788934?hash=item1cdb53d646:g:r~gAAOSwZ~pdo6Sq

Absolute bargain- you get shoes, all springs, self adjusters and even new slave cylinders.

My experience of Panda rear brakes is that they're easily damaged if your drum has any sort of lip on it when you take it off. Best to be prepared with a complete new kit and a pair of new rear hub nuts as it makes the whole job really quick and easy if you take the hub bearing off.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back