Technical scudo 2.00jtd 2001

Currently reading:
Technical scudo 2.00jtd 2001

r masters

Established member
eml came on then cut out garage said it was temp sensor they changed this but van not start told injection pump needs renewed noticed intank pump making funny noise so i towed home charged battery and it started first turn but when i rev it struggles no power i am waiting for replacement intank pump to replace any ideas cheers rob

Hi it sounds like the problem i had with my partner it turned out to be the crank sensor..

If the EML is on then there will be a fault code available to give us a clue, Best get it on computer and find out what code is showing to help point us in the right direction.

thanks for replys garage said problem was temperature sensor it was reading -15 degrees so they replaced it but no different then told me pump was nacked would not start but i got it home charged battery and it fired straight away tried it a few times and started ok pulled forward in gear but when u give it more revs struggles cheers rob intank pump whining all the time then it was making funny noise thats why i am changing it cheers rob

wheres crankshaft sensor on scudo 2.00jtd 2001 reg cheers rob

Cant remember for certain but i think it's about 1 o'clock on the clutch housing.

fitted new intank fuel pump same as before as soon as i connected it it started buzzing without ignition on only way to stop it is disconnect battery or pull relay out van started then cut out try tomorrow when battery ok any ideas cheers rob

hello fitted intank pump put new fuel filter on got van started ticking over 3 mins then cut out got it started again ticking over again then cut out again raining now so come inside any ideas was going to fit new crankshaft sensor as told before might be this any ideas cheers rob

Dont think it will be the crank sensor, If it goes faulty then the ecu wont allow the engine to start so it needs to see the crank before starting, after it's started it would run fine until next time you switch it off.

van just winding over not start opened injectors but only 2 getting diesel someone said pump nacked anything i can try cheers rob

No tricks that I know of to test this one, but the symptoms are consistant to the high pressure pump being knacked.

hello bleed van now got diesel spurting out of injectors but still not start give it a wiff of easy start and fired any ideas welcome thanks

Back