Technical Rough Running

Currently reading:
Technical Rough Running

UPDATE:

Checked the EVAP valve.

Removed the blue hose and attached a vacuum gauge to the valve. It was showing no vacuum.

Checked the electrical connector with a light and it was pulsing with the engine speed

Removed the valve and checked it on a battery and it opened and I could blow through it.

Refitted the valve and still no vacuum

removed the connector and jumped the valve to the battery and got 20psi on idle

Cannot understand how I am getting power to the connector but not operating the valve.

The evap valve does nothing. Disconnect the pipe from the inlet if you think it is causing an issue.

Have you check the fuel pressure whilst the car is running yet?

The evap valve does nothing. Disconnect the pipe from the inlet if you think it is causing an issue.

Have you check the fuel pressure whilst the car is running yet?

I read that a faulty EVAP valve caused rough running.

The valve is not opening, so no need to disconnect it.

Waiting for a fuel pressure tester.

If it stays open then it would cause what is essentially a vacuum leak, so it would most likely raise the idle a bit. If you disconnect it and vent the tank to atmosphere, that will eliminate that.

Disconnected the inlet pipe to the EVAP, made no difference. There are no codes showing. It runs worse when hot.

UPDATE: Tested the fuel pressure and it was below 1 bar. Ordered a complete sender/pump online that said it was for my model....it wasn't - sent it back and found a 3.5 bar pump on it's own....fitted that....pressure worse....found a leak in the corrugated pipe ...fixed that.... still no pressure....took complete unit out of the car to test it.... tested it on my bench sbmersed in a container of petrol and the pressure release valve was faulty so found the complete correct sender/pump unit...fitted it, now have 3.5 bar and running perfectly. happy boy!

UPDATE: Tested the fuel pressure and it was below 1 bar. Ordered a complete sender/pump online that said it was for my model....it wasn't - sent it back and found a 3.5 bar pump on it's own....fitted that....pressure worse....found a leak in the corrugated pipe ...fixed that.... still no pressure....took complete unit out of the car to test it.... tested it on my bench sbmersed in a container of petrol and the pressure release valve was faulty so found the complete correct sender/pump unit...fitted it, now have 3.5 bar and running perfectly. happy boy!

How did you test the fuel pressure?

Back