Technical Seicento running issue PLEASE HELP ME

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento running issue PLEASE HELP ME

Gavlar1980

Hi and thanks for looking. i recently had a timing belt and water pump on our seicento. then a core plug was changed. during the process of having the core plug changed the car had a issue.
the car gets to around 3k revs and the power dies and the engine management light comes on. release the throttle it goes off .this happens stationary and when driving it .
had the RAC out they said change coils ,plugs leads etc which i done he also said if this continues it is the ECU which i sent away with no fault found.
With all that done the car is still the same.
I have seen a few posts describing similar issues with no resolution.
Any help or advise would be really great.
Im now £200 into this problem and have no money to get further diagnostics done so ideas of someone that has fixed this issue would be great.
Thanks in advance:):):):):):):)

when the RAC bloke came out, what did he find when he checked the cause of the engine management light?

did you do the work on the car yourself or did you take it to a garage?

Hi and thanks for the reply. im not sure of the codes but he said an intermittent misfire . hence changing leads plugs and coils. i had a garage change the timing belt and pump as i didnt want to do myself but i hanged the core plug leads etc.
Many thanks

Sounds extremely vague!
Does it run ok below 3k rpm?

I would take it back to the garage. Without knowing what code is being displayed, you are pretty much stabbing in the dark.

Does your engine have a cam positions sensor?

Thanks for your replies. it runs perfectly fine below 3k . the car ran perfectly after the belt and pump was done for around 4 weeks . i changed the core plug myself which was next to the pump and i didnt go near the belt.
I have had the cambelt covers off and the timing marks line up exactly as the should. the RAC said the timing was spot on via his diagnotics too.
This is because i was worried i had disturbed it.
The car has had a intermediate fault over the last two years basically when hot you tried to pull away and it would do what it is now but would then clear and maybe not do it for a month or two.
Hope this helps

Back