General Roof rails - swapping Waze to cross

Currently reading:
General Roof rails - swapping Waze to cross

burtstyle

Hello! I’m in the market for a 4x4 cross twin air 2019+, sub 10,000k miles ideally in dark grey.

I’ve seen a light grey Waze, but I’ve noticed it has different roof rails, can you swap them - and can you easily buy them.

Reason being as I’ve been looking at getting a front runner rack for it and they state cross and they look as though they grab the rail.

I assume the Waze is otherwise identical as the cross except for the Waze connectivity ?

Hopefully be back as an owner and spending more time in here !

Roof rails bolt on

Second hand longitudinal are rare but possible.

Second hand cross bars are very thin on the ground

Google or search on eBay for 50900983 new are readily available for a cost

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the rack, will it fit on the flush rails? If so I don’t need to go find cross rails. As looking at this Waze for sale. I’ve asked front runner too, but I always ask several sources as these things so hard to answer at times.

Yeah that’s the rack, will it fit on the flush rails? If so I don’t need to go find cross rails. As looking at this Waze for sale. I’ve asked front runner too, but I always ask several sources as these things so hard to answer at times.
No idea sorry

No pandas pre 2012 as far as I know had flush rails

So the advise here will be very limited

Seen a few new cars with flush rail. Maybe post in the post 2012 section. Or maybe a kind moderator could move the thread for you

No idea sorry

Seen a few new cars with flush rail. Maybe post in the post 2012 section. Or maybe a kind moderator could move the thread for you
No idea sorry

Thanks, how do I contact a moderator?

I’ve bought a proper 4x4 Cross (well I hope I have / it was listed as city but has the 4x4 button), so it has correct rails for the rack I’d like.

Thanks all. Great community you have here, this is my first Fiat!

Hi I just fitted roof bars to a 2022 Cross 4x4. Randonly I got them in Go Outdoors for £35. They have a chart and it lists roof bars that fit a Panda Cross with raised or flush rails, so you can get something that fits either type easily enough.

Waze is just a slightly down spec'd Cross. The Waze thing is nonsense as waze is just a phone app and the car is no more connected than a house brick. You can run waze in any car and its linked to the panda app so all app users have it. It does seem to be quite a good sat nav system and warns of camers, police, pot holes accidents and road works fairly accurately - unlike tom-tom. The Waze has no mock leather on the seats which is major plus for me as I hate the stuff and it is prone to cracking. You dont get leather wheel, seat height adjustment, reversing sensors, electric mirrors, alloy wheels or climate control either. I have one with with all that lot added back and CBC. I think the cross roof bars do look better but they have slightly reduced weight capacity and they will make more noise (from) experience. The waze also came on the standard 165/65x15 tyres. Im considering 185 /65 tyres for replacements as we have a Panda lounge which runs 185's and the road holding is noticably better. It would also give it miles of extra ground clearance and make it much more capable off road. (LOL) Environmental considerations regarding tyre particulates may well make me stick with the narrower tyres in the end. I think the waze was a good model as it gave the Hill decent control which I have actually used once.... on a very steep icy hill. Conclusion its well worth having. It seems that even with well over £1000 of extras my waze costing just 12300 was a bargain, the inital sales offer was 4x4 for price of a city cross. Now I could get 15 to 16K for it. Its a little tempting to sell it off and ]just keep the older car which is running as well as it ever did. We really dont need 3 cars at the same address. THe better ride and easier access make the 4x4 and probably the city cross a little more desiable though I think.

A late footnote. The roof bars are interchangeable but beware you get all bolts and endcaps etc as getting those to sub for missing ones would be hard.
Cross rails have a slighly lower rated capacity.
The longitudinal roof rails are not parallel the front width is greater than the back so a square rack of this type is unlikely to fit either directly. Using cross bars there are good racks that can be fitted.

A late footnote. The roof bars are interchangeable but beware you get all bolts and endcaps etc as getting those to sub for missing ones would be hard.
Cross rails have a slighly lower rated capacity.
The longitudinal roof rails are not parallel the front width is greater than the back so a square rack of this type is unlikely to fit either directly. Using cross bars there are good racks that can be fitted.
A very late footnote, since the rest of this conversation was more than a year ago?

I think you might have followed a 'similar thread' shown at the bottom of the page and then commented on that - but some of these can be quite old

Last edited:
Back