Right, I've done it for the first time tonight, so who else has?

Currently reading:
Right, I've done it for the first time tonight, so who else has?

once drove the stilo from just below sheffield to home with --- range (usually comes when below 30 miles).... and its a 35ish mile journey to home :rolleyes:

I did that once in Bismarck - it was reading 22 miles which should have been more than enough but I forgot there was a road closed which meant I had to go the long way round. About 25 miles later I rolled into Asda as it rolled to --- (which = 0).

:confused: confused on how anyone can let there fuel go.. iam always watching the gauge on long journeys..... dont think i have ever even let it go past 3 quarters...

:confused: confused on how anyone can let there fuel go.. iam always watching the gauge on long journeys..... dont think i have ever even let it go past 3 quarters...

its a game for me :)

i wanted to see 600 miles to a tank :p

got 613 when i went to taunton and drove round a bit there for my cousins wedding.

On the A19......

A week previously someone had ran into the rear of the car - no apparent damage - but I found to my cost that it jiggered the fuel level sender making the gauge read abnormally high.

:bang:

got 613 when i went to taunton and drove round a bit there for my cousins wedding.

I used to live there, not an ideal place to run out of fuel if you're near the town center! I nearly did during the fuel strike though, had to go up the M5 to get some in the end. Just about made it.

I used to live there, not an ideal place to run out of fuel if you're near the town center! I nearly did during the fuel strike though, had to go up the M5 to get some in the end. Just about made it.

i had like 3/5 of a tank left :)

used 2/5 getting down.... and then trying to catch dad up i used more :rolleyes:

I used to do it about 3 times a week in the van I was given when my Mk2 went.....Probably wouldn't have happened if the fuel gauge actually works

I've never let myself run out TBH but on a similar but different note anyone feel as I do that its getting really hard to find an accurate garage air pump for the car tyres? Either busted or inaccurate and some now want 50p to use them too. Glad the GPS came with the 12vDC pump so I bought my own digi tyre pressure gauge. Just pees me off when (in Telford anyway) 3 out of the local 4 garages to me have an "out of order" sign on the air pumps... and dont get me started on Cash machines.... :mad:

Ive ran out of petrol a few times but on my motorbike. Ive never done it in the car yet but i always had a jerry can so i didnt have to buy one at the garage!
at least running out on the bike wasnt too bad cause i could push it out the way easy enough and not be in peoples way. I used to have to bump start it to get it started again though cause it used to run the battery flat trying to get the fuel through. If i wasnt on a hill i had no chance :)

edit: and yes Ffoxy i know what you mean about the air pumps. They either want to charge you or are out of order round here too! I dont know about the accuracy cause ive never checked that! just stick the air in and thats that till i remeber to do it again.

Last edited:
i may run out on my way to the fuel station later. the fuel lights been on for a while, but it started flashing at me yesterday:eek:!! didn't realise it did that.
with the old tipo with carb when it was low on fuel it wouldn't rev very high so when it was like i knew a trip to the pumps was in order!:slayer:

Ive ran out of petrol a few times but on my motorbike.

Um, yes, me too :eek:

Was riding on my old Yamaha 350YPVS when the engine started to die and all this smoke came out the exhausts. Thought I'd blown the engine (damn two strokes, they're like playing catch with a hand grenade with its pin removed!), but went to put the fuel tap on reserve anyway. It was then that I found that it already WAS on reserve so it had run out of fuel and was just pumping neat two stroke oil minus petrol into the exhausts hence the smoke! It was a long push to the nearest petrol station...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've never let myself run out TBH but on a similar but different note anyone feel as I do that its getting really hard to find an accurate garage air pump for the car tyres? Either busted or inaccurate and some now want 50p to use them too. Glad the GPS came with the 12vDC pump so I bought my own digi tyre pressure gauge. Just pees me off when (in Telford anyway) 3 out of the local 4 garages to me have an "out of order" sign on the air pumps... and dont get me started on Cash machines.... :mad:

Not got a footpump and pressure gauge anyway? Ok its hard manual labour to inflate a flat tire but for normal 1-2 psi adjustments its easy enough.

Not got a footpump and pressure gauge anyway? Ok its hard manual labour to inflate a flat tire but for normal 1-2 psi adjustments its easy enough.

:eek: Footpump... no way Jose.... lol... thats why Fiat gave me a 'leccy one and I did buy a digi pressure gauge from Halfrauds yes... (y)

Back