RGZ the Stilo

Currently reading:
RGZ the Stilo

Just looked up "old person distraction" on Google and one of the results was this...

20110719075557943.jpg

...it might work on your Nan Andi :laugh:

I do vaguely have the feeling my Project thread's going somewhat off tangent here :laugh:

muppet42 said:
Just looked up "old person distraction" on Google and one of the results was this...

20110719075557943.jpg

I do vaguely have the feeling my Project thread's going somewhat off tangent here :laugh:

That has to be the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard for posting a pic of a semi naked mud encrusted woman :D

Back on topic - what next for the Stilo?

Harper said:
That has to be the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard for posting a pic of a semi naked mud encrusted woman.

Back on topic - what next for the Stilo?

Blame Google :laugh:

MOT next, 23rd Sept if memory serves. Top mount may well be done before that and hopefully that's it unless my paranoia about the exhaust blow is founded. Then, by the end of the year I may test the waters with a classified ad :)

I blame google for many things myself such as this one that I found for a friends birthday

[attachment=1:1p64u4mf]2ef4d34a.jpg[/attachment:1p64u4mf]

If you sell RGZ what are you considering for a replacement?

muppet42 said:

20110719075557943.jpg

Huh what?? what what?? :smart::smart: mmm nice football.

Don't sell RGZ.... you'll regret it at some point...
I'll have a look at the exhaust for you Rob. top mount is a garage only job I'm afraid.

muppet42 said:

20110719075557943.jpg

would it be wrong of me to point out her chest technique is wrong

bringing a ball down like that is going to put her immediatley off balance, even if she doesnt lose her balance it's going to take an age to get under control, shes chesting it at the wrong angle, she'll be closed down and probably recieve a hard tackle as a result

Mrcento said:
would it be wrong of me to point out her chest technique is wrong

bringing a ball down like that is going to put her immediatley off balance, even if she doesnt lose her balance it's going to take an age to get under control, shes chesting it at the wrong angle, she'll be closed down and probably recieve a hard tackle as a result

That's not what I noticed :laugh:

And Andi, I will be selling sometime soon. RGZ's a decent enough car but I've had the same motor since 2006 and I'd kind of like something with a good turn of speed before it gets banned by our lovely government :)

Exhaust welds the guy did are messy as so I wouldn't be surprised if it's from one of those. I'll see though, the long drive to Knockhill and back should make any intermittent or niggling problems a little more apparent.

Mrcento said:
indeed, not even close to being garage only infact

Kinda missed a comment on that one, yeah indeed, it's a perfectly simple job if you've got the right tools. If you don't come across any rusty bolts, less than a half hour if that. There is a possible complication though with a marginally threaded bolt that could cause...issues. That or it'll just be a right pita.

Pondering if I should change the both of them, not because of the cost really but more the arseing about with it. May give me a chance to change the bolts on the strutbrace though I guess.

if you can afford both do both ...

but if the outher side is the same age ( been on the same time) it might be worth doing ...
that one might of been done before you got it , or maby hasnt been bounced though as many pot holes and bad roads rct

Pondering whether I've got a thermostat issue now, not sure if it could be related to the HG though that hasn't gotten any worse - still monitoring fluid levels, etc.

Basically though, the temp gauge fluctuates a bit and has been over the past few days. It's not overheating or going past the central line, but it does dip slightly on certain cornering or braking - wondering if the thermostat could be getting stuck or similar. Guessing it's not an expensive part but pondering how easy it'd be to replace?

Oh and I could mention my aerial escapade but I'll hopefully have a fix for that in the next few days if my raid on the scrappy is fruitful. Hopefully without having to drop the head-lining but the use of a hacksaw, drill and epoxy may well be required...

have a wee look at the back of the block (its there on 1.2 8v's pretty sure same spot for 16vs), the should be a sensor sticking out with a thin wire coming off it that's a spade terminal, check that's secure/cleaned up. mine on the cinq started wobbling about a little under certain loads and corners, turned out to be the sensor wire had shook itself loose, a wee tweak to the spade and fitting it back on upside down has seen the problem sorted :)

Thermostats an easy peasy job though, just the bleeding of coolant after it thats annoying :laugh:

Mrcento said:
have a wee look at the back of the block (its there on 1.2 8v's pretty sure same spot for 16vs), the should be a sensor sticking out with a thin wire coming off it that's a spade terminal, check that's secure/cleaned up. mine on the cinq started wobbling about a little under certain loads and corners, turned out to be the sensor wire had shook itself loose, a wee tweak to the spade and fitting it back on upside down has seen the problem sorted :)

Thermostats an easy peasy job though, just the bleeding of coolant after it thats annoying :laugh:

Ah nice, may have a look this weekend if I get the chance - need to have a double check of the exhaust anyway...still sure it's blowing though paranoia is my friend in that department :laugh:

MOT next week as well. Even though I can't see anything really wrong that'd cause an issue, said paranoia's making me think she may fail :/

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280784900255#ht_500wt_1202 ... also looking at a set of Blades on FF at around the same price but not as in good nick. These would need spigot rings and they're multi fit but given the state of the tyres on the Stilo currently, I'm tempted. Vaguely the style of alloy I was going to get a few years back as well, though my tastes have changed since then so I'm not so sure :laugh: Opinions?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back