reporting a police officer?

Currently reading:
reporting a police officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im 20 next year :(, imature kid, im mearly arguing my point your doing exactly the same thing, i HATE being sterotyped, if i was to call you an old biddy driver who sits at 40 on the m6 and is as blind as a post, you wouldnt apprectiate it much either, im not a boy racer and don't appreciate being called one thanks, i drive a 100% standard fiat punto 1.2 mark 2, im really a boy racer arent i??? my point remains valid, i was mearly trying to explain to you, that not all younger drives are idiots, but as usual no one listens, i appreciate your ' fact's' despite i see them as being redundent, i grant you theres a fair few young ****s on the road, but at the same time they tend to have burberry caps (y)

I don't recall anyone calling you a boy racer in this thread and I quite agree that not all young drivers are bad. However, statistics prove that they are at the greatest risk of having accidents out of all the age groups. That doesn't mean YOU will crash, just that you are in the age group most LIKELY to crash and that's why you pay so much for insurance. And yes, I was there once as well, paying through the nose just to be on four wheels. However, I now have 22 years of driving/ riding experience and maximum no claims bonus. I also don't hang about when I drive (me drive at 40mph on the M6? :ROFLMAO:).

My issue with you being a young immature kid was due to the tone of your postings. If you want to be treated as an adult, then try and write in a more balanced manner and don't flame someone just because you disagree with them. Flaming and insults belong in a school playground.

Nobody likes victimisation or stereotyping, but until young drivers (on average, not specifically YOU) stop being involved in so many accidents then they will always be targeted by the road safety organisations. Nobody wants to see anyone killed on the roads so if a warning by the Police might just make a driver slow down or stop and think in the future then that might be one less road casualty.

See the links below as to why people are so concerned about young drivers:

"In 2000, 6,495 people between the ages of 15 and 20 were killed in motor vehicle crashes—the leading cause of death for this age group. And although young drivers represent only 6.6% of the nation's licensed drivers, they are involved in 14.8% of fatal crashes."

http://www.nsc.org/library/facts/yngdrive.htm

"40% of road deaths are young drivers"

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-article.aspx?NA=224194

"The number of teenage motorists dying in road crashes in England and Wales has jumped in recent years despite fewer holding licences"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4871854.stm

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_0850/article.html

http://www.oecd.org/document/43/0,2340,de_2649_201185_37464299_1_1_1_1,00.html

As they say, you only really start learning once you've passed your test.
How right you are. After all, when you pass your test you have learnt all kinds
of bad habits like keeping a safe distance from the car in front, driving at the speed limit, stopping at red lights, keeping both hands on the wheel, feeding the wheel when steering, looking well ahead, using your mirrors properly and signalling where appropriate. Once you've passed then you learn the really useful stuff like overtaking on pedestrian crossings, speeding and crashing. I don't think it's any secret where I stand on this subject both from a driving point of view and the way the Police deal with drivers. I posted some figures on here a few weeks ago which sadly show the rate of collision, injury and death where drivers between 17 & 24 are involved, and it's worse than it was 34 years ago when I passed my test.
Also, don't underestimate the effects of P.I. (Performance Indicators) on the behaviour of the Cops. This is a policy brought in by the present government which sadly means there is often a flurry of minor convictions/cautions/fixed penalties issued towards the end of the month. Ask any Bobby if he/she likes this idea then you'll get a resounding NO! It takes away their ability to exercise discretion as they try to live up to the expectations of the Home Office.
Just to let the younger members (whipper-snappers) know they are not the only ones, my Dad was riding motorcycles from 1946 to 1960 when he passed his car test. He has driven constantly since then (obviously he sleeps sometimes) but at the age of 65 he was pulled by a traffic Cop and told off for following them too closely, although nobody swore at him. That didn't exactly make him into a lifetime donor to Police charities.

I completley agree with young drivers getting raped on insurance and victimised. if you don't like it wait till your older before you start driving (less risk of driving like a knob and crashing and driving faster than your experience because you'll be more mature).

I've seen first hand what the majority of young drivers are like (because I was one 4years ago and some people say I still am :rolleyes:). Most of these people cannot drive for s*** and their inexperience shows greatly.
Such as braking mid-corner, changing gears mid corner and putting power on and having to lift off during a corner. All amateur and very dangerous techniques.

I saw someone who managed to flat spin a Paxo VTR up a curb and into the side of a pub :eek: :tosser: :nutter: . I hope he never gets a good insurance quote ever again.

Last edited:
was the pub ok?

uno your sources are conflicting

6.6% of the nation's licensed drivers, they are involved in 14.8% of fatal crashes."
40% of road deaths are young drivers"

also it could be the unsafe cars they drive

I completley agree with young drivers getting raped on insurance and victimised. if you don't like it wait till your older before you start driving (less risk of driving like a knob and crashing and driving faster than your experience because you'll be more mature).

I've seen first hand what the majority of young drivers are like (because I was one 4years ago and some people say I still am :rolleyes:). Most of these people cannot drive for s*** and their inexperience shows greatly.
Such as braking mid-corner, changing gears mid corner and putting power on and having to lift off during a corner. All amateur and very dangerous techniques.

I saw someone who managed to flat spin a Paxo VTR up a curb and into the side of a pub :eek: :tosser: :nutter: . I hope he never gets a good insurance quote ever again.

I've been raped on insurance since I was 18 pretty much, now since I was 18 I've been driving around a Starlet GT with approx 150-160bhp and never got into any hairy situations with it, but then I'm quite a mature driver lol.

Personally I can see why young drivers get victimised, I've got respect for the police and I've only ever had trouble off one officer who was a complete tit tbh.

most of the people I know who have been pulled a lot drive like complete tits all the time, the only time I got pulled in the starlet was for exhaust noise (it was bloody quiet) and the copper was a complete tit to me.

Just because people use them in an amateur and dangerous way, does not mean they are not good techniques - check out Senna's demo of the NSX for example! :D

"Ayrton Senna NSX in SUZUKA" on youtube...

Chris

Last edited:
Just because people use them in an amateur and dangerous way, does not mean they are not good techniques - check out Senna's demo of the NSX for example! :D

"Ayrton Senna NSX in SUZUKA" on youtube...

Chris

Yes but thats the difference.... thats on a circuit by a proffessional driver in a high performance rear engined rear wheel drive car. Not some spotty chav with a little pen1s in a s**tbox paxo down his local towncentre.

YOU may not do this, but the majority of other 19 year old male drivers probably do (as proven by statistics)

Majority?What horse**** that is. I'm 20 and no1 I know ever does stupid stuff. Ok maybe doing 80-90 on the motorway. But nothing stupid. Proven by stats? No, numbers that have been played with by someone to show what they want it to show.

uno your sources are conflicting

6.6% of the nation's licensed drivers, they are involved in 14.8% of fatal crashes."
40% of road deaths are young drivers"

also it could be the unsafe cars they drive

Poor stats like. So 85.2% of fatal crashes don't involve young drivers. I would say thats pretty good considering young drivers drive a hell of alot more than adults. And like Daz says, unsafe cars. Once the "majority" of under 20's pass their test they can't go buy a brand new top of the line car. Car's without air bags, cars without power steering, abs.......

At the end of the day all stats can be manipulated to show different things so doesn't proove anything either way tbh.

You must be driving with your eyes closed danny.

When I used to go through to darlo on a fri&sat night for my booty call I witnessed idiot young drivers driving like tits every time I was there at least once. The same happens in Bishop. I had to take evasive action once for some 17yr old tit in a pug 106 I turned round headed after him over took him (not that hard tbh with their s**t box rubbish cars) and pulled him over and 'expressed' my 'discontent' with his driving.

Last edited:
in my experience there is a direct link betwen age and maturity, and another direct link betwen maturity and driving style, so you can logically deduce that young drivers will be more likely to drive like knobs before you even consider driving ability or experience. when you consider ability as well then even young careful drivers are an increased risk.

Last edited:
lets face it, people hate younger drivers, one drives like a tit, instantly we all do burnouts, wheelspins handbrake turns :shakehead:, and instantly branded as a chav which 9/10 what a boy racer is.

Why don't you tell these people about the incident on second day after passing your test when driving like a bellend trying go well fast in reverse you smacked into a calor gas stand on a PETROL STATION and destroyed your rear 1/4. OH, and the first night you passed you were doing 50-60 in a 30 driving like a bellend thinking you're all that, you even admitted the speeds to me.. CLEVER!

You really do contradict yourself on this forum :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back