reporting a police officer?

Currently reading:
reporting a police officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into your local station and request to make a complaint, they will put you in touch with the IPCC who will take your complaint seriously.

Do you have the officers number or a way for the police to identify him/her?

Also, please make sure you feel the officers behaviour was truely inappropriate. Could you maybe outline what they were doing?

Tom

yes i have the badge numbers of the officers involved.

i just feel 'get in the back of the car you little ****' a little strong and unnessesary for a minor traffic offence, so minor they didnt charge me with anything.

also getting in a strop after not being able to charge me and tailgating me isnt really appropriate.

Obviously their use of lanuage was out of order, however, I've got to ask, were you mouthy to them when stopped? I cant imagine any of the A&S officers I know randomly coming out with that. If they did it would most certainly be in jest - again this would be inappropriate.

Tailgating is a method they use to stop traffic pulling in between them and yourself - although this should not be dangerous tailgating.

If you honestly feel you have been unfairly treated, then I strongly reccomend you proceed with a complaint. If however you feel you may have done something to prevoke their reaction, then I would suggest you do not make a complaint. Two less genuine bobbies does no good for anyone.

Tom

i only have an issue with one, the other was polite and acted in a professional mannor.

i did nothing to provoke them, to give a better idea of what happened i'll explain.

i exited a roundabout entering a 50mph limit dual carrigeway where i accelerated full throttle through second gear to 55-60mph before selecting fourth and letting off.

understandibly the police officers decided to stop and question me, i pulled over with my window already down, parked the car and awaited the officer to come to my window(this was the nice guy).

i was asked to exit the vehicle and to get into the back of the police car, i pulled down my sun visor and removed my driving licence, turned off the engine, removed the keys and got out and began to walk toward the police car.

the second police officer stood next to the police car on the drivers side immediately said 'come on! get in the back of the car you little ****!'.

from then on it was much like a regular stop, i answered any questions in a polite manor and questioned nothing.

dispite me being in the wrong it doesnt really have any benifit for the officer to act as he did.

i did what i did accepting my responsibility and i got caught, nothing more nothing less.

By the sounds of things you were up by Cribbs?

The fact he swore at you is inappropriate, and you do have a right to complain - he obviously did not treat you courteously, or in a profesional manner.

However, can you see the justification in tarnishing this particular officers reputation over this one comment. Remember (Although no excuse) he may have been on his way back from deliverying some bad news to relatives of someone who had died, or a domestic violence case.

I don't want to influence your decision, but remember that most officers do not get to deal with the "nice public", they are more often than not dealing with the scum of society. This is not to say that the officer had the right to treat you in the way he did, as profesional courtesy should have been used, and each character judged on their own merits.

Did he look like an experienced officer? I take it if he was the driver he will have been in for atleast 2 years (knowing A&S) If it was a Beamer that you got pulled by, then you can bet your bottom dollar they will be highly experienced officers, likely to be ARV in the Beamers aswell.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do, I just thought an outside opinion may help.

Tom

once they were happy i was taxed, insured, registered owner, had a licence, checked the car over for anything suspecious inside, checked all the tyres and got knows what else they let me go on my way without any tickets/charges

By the sounds of things you were up by Cribbs?

The fact he swore at you is inappropriate, and you do have a right to complain - he obviously did not treat you courteously, or in a profesional manner.

However, can you see the justification in tarnishing this particular officers reputation over this one comment. Remember (Although no excuse) he may have been on his way back from deliverying some bad news to relatives of someone who had died, or a domestic violence case.

I don't want to influence your decision, but remember that most officers do not get to deal with the "nice public", they are more often than not dealing with the scum of society. This is not to say that the officer had the right to treat you in the way he did, as profesional courtesy should have been used, and each character judged on their own merits.

Did he look like an experienced officer? I take it if he was the driver he will have been in for atleast 2 years (knowing A&S) If it was a Beamer that you got pulled by, then you can bet your bottom dollar they will be highly experienced officers, likely to be ARV in the Beamers aswell.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do, I just thought an outside opinion may help.

Tom

thanks for the insight, it seems to me i was immediately stereo typed as a boy racer/theif.

if the officer had appologiesed at the time i would of let it go but he didnt, and after provoked me by tailgating.

they were not in a BMW is was a Focus.

it happened on that stretch of road where you would come off of the M32 and head towards UWE/MOD, where we have bumped into each other before.

the officer seemed to be around 28-30 but its hard to judge.

i will go ahead and make my complaint as although as you suggested he may have had a bad day, the flip side is he could be constantly abusing people in this way but it as yet has been un-reported.

Thanks,

i remember being told i was doing 50 in a 30
first stop
i was shaking (they felt sorry for me :))

the car was suspiciouse since it was fully loaded with people all 5 people

it was at night no traffic

but i might of misshered
mates say i didnt
and i think i know my speedo didnt say 30 for long

they also said everything came up clean on there computer

Did you shake there hand?

Last edited:
I deal with a mass of different people every day, some of whom try my patience to the limit, however, I still manage to remain relatively civil to all of them. Even when they end up being carried into a van cuffed hand and foot. I
would much rather use irrefuatable logic. Sooner or later they just accept it and go away, or accept the penalty. However, when you deal with a Cop, or a Traffic Warden or a PCSO, or even a club bouncer you've no idea who or what they've had to deal with just before you. It could have been a serious R.T.C., or he could have just called to inform someone of the sudden death of a family member. All these things can, unfortunately, affect how people deal with others.
It could also be that this Officer needs a reality check, and your complaint could be it. If you still feel strongly about it, phone the Duty Inspector and ask to express your concerns, as a law abiding citizen who is supportive of the Police. You could actually be doing him a favour if he has issues when it comes to dealing with members of the public. It reminds me of a P.C. who was abusive to a motorist who turned out to be a Chief Super from another force who was in town to attend an A.C.P.O. meeting. Oops.
It may be an idea to initially say that you would rather not make an official complaint but feel you can't let the matter pass without comment.

thanks for the insight, it seems to me i was immediately stereo typed as a boy racer/theif.

if the officer had appologiesed at the time i would of let it go but he didnt, and after provoked me by tailgating.

they were not in a BMW is was a Focus.

it happened on that stretch of road where you would come off of the M32 and head towards UWE/MOD, where we have bumped into each other before.

the officer seemed to be around 28-30 but its hard to judge.

i will go ahead and make my complaint as although as you suggested he may have had a bad day, the flip side is he could be constantly abusing people in this way but it as yet has been un-reported.

Thanks,

May I suggest, and it is entirely upto you, that you got to this officers station and ask to speak to him in particular - the reason I say this is because if you air your opinions with him directly he may take on board that you were offended and appologise - If he does not you can inform the officer you will be making an official complaint against him.

I know the stretch you mean aswell, got pulled doing almost exactly what you did and where you did(except mine only gets to 45/50 in second) - It was a dog handler that pulled me - turned out he lived at exactly the same address as mine except in a diferent county :p - He let me off also :eek:

Just read Beard's response, completely sums up what I was saying but coming from a serving officer rather than just an applicant :eek: it seems that little bit better lol

May be asking you some questions on the Assesment Centre Beard :p

Last edited:
Just read Beard's response, completely sums up what I was saying but coming from a serving officer rather than just an applicant :eek: it seems that little bit better lol

May be asking you some questions on the Assesment Centre Beard :p
There's nothing wrong with your response matey. It sounds like you've got the right kind of brain for the job. Just don't be disappointed by some of the people you will deal with. There will be times when you wish you were harder,
but personally, I've been upset few times. It doesn't do you any harm.
Try speaking to Jai, he's younger than me and probably remembers it a lot better.

yes i have the badge numbers of the officers involved.

i just feel 'get in the back of the car you little ****' a little strong and unnessesary for a minor traffic offence, so minor they didnt charge me with anything.

also getting in a strop after not being able to charge me and tailgating me isnt really appropriate.

thats perfectly normal behaviour in my experience, although you missed the bit where they try to tell you that you cant drive and you're a danger to yourself and anyone around you.

go complain, then watch what happens.

Are you really that upset about being called a "Little ****? Well God help you in life if you are........grow up, put it down to experience and move on. Sounds to me like you are just trying to drop the copper in the s*** purely out of revenge and vindictivness rather than making an attempt to resolve any genuine personal issues.
Go on, raise a complant and see how far you get but consider this...... You have no proof of the conversation and no witneses to the event. I dont imagine they like time wasters so when the question "why should we believe your claim sir"? crops up you had better have a good answer.

Attachments

• shitstorm-flyer.jpg
    shitstorm-flyer.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back