Technical RECALL: Service Solution for Suspension Springs

Currently reading:
Technical RECALL: Service Solution for Suspension Springs

Re: Stilo spring recall

LarryB said:
Hey, that's happened to mine - a 2002, 52 plate 115 JTD 5 door. Just had an MOT today and it's failed - LH front spring broken 2 coils up from bottom! Only £200 to get it fixed, that's almost as much as the car is worth!
Have you got money to burn or something :rolleyes:

Why didn't you take it in for the recall :confused: You'd have most likely got both front springs replaced for nothing.

LarryB said:
Hey, that's happened to mine - a 2002, 52 plate 115 JTD 5 door. Just had an MOT today and it's failed - LH front spring broken 2 coils up from bottom! Only £200 to get it fixed, that's almost as much as the car is worth!

Fix It Again Tomorrow!
Do you think it is worth going back to the Fiat dealer? - if nothing else, for the recall work? I would involve them, and Fiat.

Arbarth:)

Only noticed this thread this morning, lol always scroll down past the sticky's!
Rang the Desira dealer in Norwich today and they have got my stilo booked in for sat, should only take an hour apparently.

One question tho?;)

Will it matter that ive modified the car??? wont void the warranty will it. All ive got is Abarth 17's and a debadged grille.?

Cheers.:worship:

soz i aitn been replying to post i been on a tech course, dead borin! if the repairing dealer has any thoughts that the mod will come into contact with the tyre they can refuse to do it fiat ask the car to be in roadworthy condition, when brake pipe recalls get done on mk1 punto's that are 12years old we can tell them to get it to a fit condition to work on.

also in reply to the drop links from earlier if the spring breaks, which is 2 coils up, and comes into contact with the drop links then they will be changed - not for any free play after the 3year period.

got told other day on the fiat tech course that the now used 1.6 engine will be discontinued on the later version stilo's for the vauxhall 'eco-tec' engine which is problematic as you all should know! its die to not beibg able to get the emissions down for the new euro 4 regulations!!

_muncher

soz i aitn been replying to post i been on a tech course, dead borin! if the repairing dealer has any thoughts that the mod will come into contact with the tyre they can refuse to do it fiat ask the car to be in roadworthy condition, when brake pipe recalls get done on mk1 punto's that are 12years old we can tell them to get it to a fit condition to work on.

also in reply to the drop links from earlier if the spring breaks, which is 2 coils up, and comes into contact with the drop links then they will be changed - not for any free play after the 3year period.

got told other day on the fiat tech course that the now used 1.6 engine will be discontinued on the later version stilo's for the vauxhall 'eco-tec' engine which is problematic as you all should know! its die to not beibg able to get the emissions down for the new euro 4 regulations!!

_muncher

_muncher

Is there a quick way of telling if this has been done without getting the car up on a ramp? Mine's third hand (as I just found out, stupid lying dealer telling me it only had one Motability owner before...:mad: ) so this mod might have been done by the last guy who had it?

just look at the bottom of the spring cup, as pictures posted by other members show where it is located it cant be missed tbh

any doubts contact your fiat repairer

_muncher

I saw this on one of the guys stilo's in Brum yesterday and all I can say is it looks like a training prodject an aprentice has made up its bloody crude to say the least you think they would have gone to the bother to at least get the cup section pressed out in one piece instead of having cut in segments like that 3 out of 10 and 0 for effort (n)

Thanx to you guys I have my Stilo booked in on Monday, I phoned m local dealer to inform them I had read on a forum about the suspension recall, and they confirmed my vehicle was due for a recall. I hate the creaks and groans.wooohoooooo

Ive just received a letter through this morning for a recall, but i havent read it yet, so I guess it is for this? I know when i bought my stilo MW i had to have one of the springs replaced because it had gone, so what happens about the recall?

Si :slayer:

Just seen the pictures of the 'thing' that is fitted on Page 6.

What a very cheap and nasty looking thing it is too.

Haven't had any letter yet though. I'll probably have to chase up the dealer anyway.

Suspension recal letter arrived today!

Hi all, Not sure if this in the right section, Sorry if it isnt. I'm gonna get the mods done on the suspension by the dealer, Bit of a pain really, But these things happen (again!), The only thing that confuses me is that in the letter they basicaly say they know the suspension is gonna fail and this mod will stop the tyre from being shredded, Great!! i wonder if it will stop you swerving into the central reservation at 70mph from the surprise? , Anyhow should'nt we be getting new parts rather than some clamps!!, Just posting this as all the people i have told think it's outrageous something so serious has such a simple solution, It's gonna be in the back of my mind now all the time i drive it especialy when i've got my kids in the car even when the mod is done. I love my Abarth i've had it for nearly 4 yrs now and we've been thru a lot together and come out the other side (Dramatic, I know!!) but i might have to say goodbye and get something boring but safe.:(

Geoff

Re: Suspension recal letter arrived today!

The re-call should be free of charge, mine was when I went to get the service done. I'd totally forgot to ask about the re-call!

Back