Technical Recall Notification

Currently reading:
Technical Recall Notification

andyvee

Hi all,

Just a note for anyone else who has a new'ish Panda.

Mine was bought at end of June and just had a letter for a recall - Side airbag/Head airbag crash sensor - which just appears to be a check on whether a connector is properly connected.
I guess all who are original owners will also get the letter but anyone buying as 2nd user may not if DVLA don't have latest keeper details.

Hi all,

Just a note for anyone else who has a new'ish Panda.

Mine was bought at end of June and just had a letter for a recall - Side airbag/Head airbag crash sensor - which just appears to be a check on whether a connector is properly connected.
I guess all who are original owners will also get the letter but anyone buying as 2nd user may not if DVLA don't have latest keeper details.
What year was yours made? Only info about any Panda recalls on the DVLA website is for specific 2016-2018 models, for an issue with the steering wheel height adjuster, and, on just a handful of cars, a missing gearbox bracket. No recalls listed on any post 2019 Pandas (https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.s...hicle/make/FIAT/model/PANDA/year/2018/recalls)

Last edited:
What year was yours made? Only info about any Panda recalls on the DVLA website is for specific 2016-2018 models, for an issue with the steering wheel height adjuster, and, on just a handful of cars, a missing gearbox bracket. No recalls listed on any post 2019 Pandas (https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.s...hicle/make/FIAT/model/PANDA/year/2018/recalls)
Car was ordered in Feb 23 , built around April/ May and collected from the dealership at end of June so very recent.
The FCA letter mentions a Fiat ref of 6667 on re-checking it.
Description is checking correct engagement/connection of side crash sensor , workshop time is listed as 1.5 hours.

I'm not far away from my first service as it's done a lot of miles in 6 months so will be getting it all done at the same time as replacing front screen as some heating elements are dead which was only found with the first frosts of the year.

One of the elements is dead on mine, like you only spotted it on the one day last year it was frozen over. A few dead elements doesn't stop it working and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a warranty claim knowing how dismal my (ex-) Fiat dealer is.

One of the elements is dead on mine, like you only spotted it on the one day last year it was frozen over. A few dead elements doesn't stop it working and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a warranty claim knowing how dismal my (ex-) Fiat dealer is.
I had mine replaced under warranty without issue - once I’d proved it was faulty, which I did by filming a timelapse of it which showed the complete passenger half was dead and the other not fully functioning. I’ve later realised that excess pressure washing might have not helped, as the very flimsy (as in super-thin wires) connection is directly though the vent by the wipers. Also very easy to damage if the scuttle cover is removed for any reason, such as clearing the drain there. It’s replacement is still fully happy two years on, now I’m aware of these ‘weaknesses’

I'll have to keep an eye out on my heated screen, it does appear to be ok. Trouble is if a lot are fitted like this then it's most likely a quality issue and newer ones may do the same in time?

Back