Technical Rear springs

Currently reading:
Technical Rear springs

Hi all.
I've just ordered, received and the mechanic has fitted, a set of Monroe rear springs to my 2013 4x4 Panda...
However the ride height is ridiculously low at the rear...it was bad before, because one of the springs was broken.
I ordered the springs from Auto doc...they were specified for my vehicle...and, in fact for the Panda Cross. ( my wife has a Cross and I also entered her Reg number in the vehicle ID section )
But, the springs are clearly not correct.
Does anyone have any experience of rear spring replacement for the series 3 Panda 4x4 and can advise the correct length and springyness (to use a technical term) for a normal ride? ie, a direct replacement for oem parts
I will take this issue up with Auto doc, of course but, I would like to complain from a position of knowledge...
Needless to say Fiat can supply the correct springs but they are silly money!

Take a look at Shop4Parts.co.uk- that will give you the correct part numbers which should get the right spring. https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Product&ProdID=27393

I believe the rear springs are the same on all 4x4 models, but there are different front options for the heavier diesel or lighter TwinAir engines variants.

What length have they sent

I believe they should be 344mm
They sent me 280mm.
In fact, I have just checked the old springs.
The broken one is 344mm...the other one is 280mm. !! Someone, in the past, has obviously replace only one spring...before my ownership...crazy !!

Take a look at Shop4Parts.co.uk- that will give you the correct part numbers which should get the right spring. https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Product&ProdID=27393

I believe the rear springs are the same on all 4x4 models, but there are different front options for the heavier diesel or lighter TwinAir engines variants.
Ok. Many thanks, I'll check it out.
It looks like the correct length of spring should be 344mm...I received 280mm springs.
If you recall, back in April, you gave me some advice with regards to lack of engine performance. I apologise, but I didn't follow up with the resolution.
It turned out that there was a small leak in the Turbo housing...a new turbo was fitted, under warantee. Now, it goes like the clappers.
There is still a very slight stuttering in first when pulling away....my mechanic said it maybe worth trying and engine / injector / EGR cleaner...any recommendations?
It's considerably better after I gave the car an Italian tune, which leads me to think that the engine is still a little gummed up.
The car sat for at least three years with, no doubt, a lot of starts and stops.
Thanks again. John

Forte injector cleaner is probably the best. I occasionally fill up the tank with Shell V-power. It helps keep the system clean.

Forte injector cleaner is probably the best. I occasionally fill up the tank with Shell V-power. It helps keep the system clean.
Ok...many thanks. I'll give it a go.
Not many Shell stations around this part of Italy ( I live in Italy )..mainly on the Autostrada...I'll see if I can find an alternative...maybe ENI have an equivalent...

Websites seem inconsistent with the rear springs some are just strange listing the same part for all models

I think all Fiat panda 319 4x4 share the same 52060108 part number which is unique to the 4x4

If I download the monroe catalogue it would appear they don’t even make springs for the 319.

Anyhow a google search here in uk of

Fiat 52060108

Seems to pull up a few correct 4x4 ones

But you still have to be careful

Websites seem inconsistent with the rear springs some are just strange listing the same part for all models

I think all Fiat panda 319 4x4 share the same 52060108 part number which is unique to the 4x4

If I download the monroe catalogue it would appear they don’t even make springs for the 319.

Anyhow a google search here in uk of

Fiat 52060108

Seems to pull up a few correct 4x4 ones

But you still have to be careful
Yes, indeed, it seems to be very confusing.
I found the springs on Auto doc and, naively, thought that these were the correct parts as they were listed for my cars' specificaction...so, I went ahead and ordered them. I should have done more research...but further research has reveiled more confusion...
Auto doc...as I finaly found, lists the oem number for the parts...the list of parts then gets shorter and details only rear springs of 344mm long x 110mm diameter...this sounds about right but the oem code is 52060107 not 108...🙄
I've sent off a snotty email to Auto doc Italia, and asked them to confirm what I need.
So, let's see what happens.
Many thanks for your help.
John

Yes, indeed, it seems to be very confusing.
I found the springs on Auto doc and, naively, thought that these were the correct parts as they were listed for my cars' specificaction...so, I went ahead and ordered them. I should have done more research...but further research has reveiled more confusion...
Auto doc...as I finaly found, lists the oem number for the parts...the list of parts then gets shorter and details only rear springs of 344mm long x 110mm diameter...this sounds about right but the oem code is 52060107 not 108...🙄
I've sent off a snotty email to Auto doc Italia, and asked them to confirm what I need.
So, let's see what happens.
Many thanks for your help.
John
In fact, both part numbers come back with the same spring...Suplex, 344mm x 110mm...

I ordered rear springs for my 2 wheel drive Panda and Autodoc phoned me to tell me that I'd bought the wrong ones. I checked the KYB part number they recommended against the KYB catalogue and they were 4x4 springs! I insisted on my original order and got it.

So, don't trust Autodoc's recommendations. Check the manufacturers own catalogue and make sure that it is the correct part number you are buying from Autodoc.

I ordered rear springs for my 2 wheel drive Panda and Autodoc phoned me to tell me that I'd bought the wrong ones. I checked the KYB part number they recommended against the KYB catalogue and they were 4x4 springs! I insisted on my original order and got it.

So, don't trust Autodoc's recommendations. Check the manufacturers own catalogue and make sure that it is the correct part number you are buying from Autodoc.

Ok, thanks for the warning.
I have asked them to clarify exactly what springs I require and they have asked me to send them the chassis number of the vehicle and/or the OEM number.
I have also contacted Suplex and asked them what Springs I need, as I couldn't down load or open their catalogue...
I'll try KYB.
Thanks again...

Ok, thanks for the warning.
I have asked them to clarify exactly what springs I require and they have asked me to send them the chassis number of the vehicle and/or the OEM number.
I have also contacted Suplex and asked them what Springs I need, as I couldn't down load or open their catalogue...
I'll try KYB.
Thanks again...
I checked on the KYB catalogue...
They list part number RA7130 as the rear coil spring for my Panda 1.3mjt 4x4 75hp 55kw 312.
Auto doc list this part number as suitable also, for my car (and the Cross and the 0.9 4x4) ...however, it is only 280mm in length, according to Auto docs information...so, it is incorrect !!
It appears the the correct lenght is 344mm for the 4x4.
The photo is of the old springs...
The one on the left, is I believe, the original. Not very clear, and broken, but still measures 344mm ish.
The right, a replacement, is 280mm.
16665296478934060011100147684584.jpg

Sorry to keep going on about this but it may help someone else in the future.
I found KYB stamped on the 280mm replacement spring...and the part code
RA7130. So, obviously, the previous owner had the same problem.

Attachments

• 20221023_151219.jpg
    20221023_151219.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Wow, what a mistake by KYB! I bought Lesjofors springs for my Panda. They were the OEM supplier for Saab so they're good quality. They have a full range of spring for various Pandas including a match for the 52060108 part number:

Wow, what a mistake by KYB! I bought Lesjofors springs for my Panda. They were the OEM supplier for Saab so they're good quality. They have a full range of spring for various Pandas including a match for the 52060108 part number:

Yes...if they respond to my email I will inform them of the error...
I will try Lesjofors or Suplex.
Suplex seem to have the same colour code markings on the spring as the original...two white blobs and a yellow blob. And they offer the longer 344mm spring against the OEM number.
I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get them on order and keep my fingers crossed.

KYB responded to my email and asked me for my VIN number in order to confirm the correct springs. They came back with part number RA7129.
I have asked them to confirm the dimensions. However, in the mean time, I found them on Auto Doc UK.
According to them these springs are even shorter at 278mm in length.!!
It seems that only Suplex quote the correct part for the vehicle, which also corresponds to the OEM number...and, in fact, it lists the Panda Cross on the spring specification.
So, in summary, if anyone out there needs rear coil springs for a series 3 Panda 1.3 mjt 4x4 75hp 55kw. Don't trust what you are told...there seems to be alot of confusion...check the dimensions first.
344mm in length x 110 diameter and check that it quotes the Panda Cross in the specs.
I'll up date this when I have actually received the new springs, and they are fitted.
Screenshot_20221024-105900.jpg
Screenshot_20221024-105844.jpg

It seems that only Suplex quote the correct part for the vehicle, which also corresponds to the OEM number...and, in fact, it lists the Panda Cross on the spring specification.

Just a wee correction. Lesjofors do quote the correct part number and list Cross on the spring specification too,
Screenshot_11.png

However, unlike Suplex, they annoyingly don't list the size and they don't colour code their springs. I see Fiat workshop and Shop4Parts both sell Suplex springs for Fiats so I'd buy Suplex with confidence.

Back