Rear lights cluster

Currently reading:
Rear lights cluster

kpwalker59

Hi guys,
Got a prob. here... after replacing bulb in rear light cluster, I can't get the damn thing back in !!! the 2 grommets will not engage which is leaving a gap and water will be able to get in,
obviously you can't use to much force for fear of damaging the bugger,
does anyone have any tips or tricks on this?

Brand new newbie (KenJ), so don't know what I'm doing yet. Can I get this answered here? 3rd brake light has one light out. I see single replacements for sale for around $20. Is this easily doable, or should I buy a tested used unit for around $40? Thanks.

There are two main types of third brake light. Bulb and LED. Bulbs can be changes easily enough. There are usually 5 in a light and the fittings generally unclip or require 1 screw to be removed. Second type is LED and these are all in one. If you are handy you might be able to replace the offending LED but it would be fiddly and might end up with a busted fitting. In this case there are about 10 little lights and IO would live with it for the cost or change the whole unit if your feeling rich.

Me I'd change it because it would irritate me, but many on here would say its not dangerous and not going to cause a problem so leave well alone.

Good luck.

Back