Flashing brake lights whilst indicating

Currently reading:
Flashing brake lights whilst indicating

Kjn

My fiat grande had a loose connection on left hand indicator, do I bought a replacement from ebay and fitted, now if I indicate left with lights on or brake and indicate left the right brake light indicates aswell.
I've cleaned all the earth leads and bulbs but still does it.
Anyone had the problem and solved it, can't use or sell untill sorted

Thanks

Thanks for reply

Connectors was second hand off eBay, the wires were replaced as per original set up via multimeter and wireing diagram colours were different

Thanks for reply

Connectors was second hand off eBay, the wires were replaced as per original set up via multimeter and wireing diagram colours were different

So the meter found the actual bulb holders were not earthing..?

Or no earth at the loom..??

There are several failure scenarion here..
We will need you to talk us through your method.

So what was the situation BEFORE you cut off the original connector ?

Before, left hand indicator temperamental, just need to wiggle connector, no other problems with lights

Before, left hand indicator temperamental, just need to wiggle connector, no other problems with lights
If you removed any bulbs and then refitted them in bulb holders when doing work check that you have not accidentally swapped around single element bulb with dual element bulb.

All bulbs checked and correct
Unplug the left hand lights.
See if still problem still exists, indicating left with brake or lights on causing right hand rear indicator to flash?

Unplugged left hand light cluster, turned left and does not cause issues on riggt

Sounds like corrosion of the supply to Left Indicator was the initial problem

Now you have a failed earth connection..
Unless your tests with a meter say different

Tell us more :)

How do I test above

How do I test above
Identify which wire in connector is ground and measure the resistance between it and a clean part of metal on the body of car.
Resistance should be close to zero ohms

Back