General rear engine mount

Currently reading:
General rear engine mount

cala

Hi all, trying to remove rear engine mount(dog bone) having difficulty removing one of the bolts,the propshaft hinders removal, any ideas. Its a panda cross 2015,any help appreciated.cal

I had this type of issue on a Punto..

Its assembled in factory.. before other parts

I got a garage to remove it
( drop exhaust: 'hot spanner')

As part of an oil change service... cost an extra £10

It might be cheaper to cut the bolt..and feed replacement in from other side

Do let us know what you do..

Maybe disconnect damper ,
Free travel of wishbone...and swing shaft out of the way..??

A photo will help here :)

1653153738457.png

@varesecrazy - you can just about make it out in this photo (arrow points to dog bone) - its at the back of the engine , with the bolt nearly touching the 4x4 propshaft... However, @cala, in this photo of my 4x4, it looks with there is a nut at the propshaft side with the bolt head on the opposite side, suggesting it comes out from the side furthest from the propshaft once the nut is unscrewed?

I had this type of issue on a Punto..

Its assembled in factory.. before other parts

I got a garage to remove it
( drop exhaust: 'hot spanner')

As part of an oil change service... cost an extra £10

It might be cheaper to cut the bolt..and feed replacement in from other side

Do let us know what you do..

Maybe disconnect damper ,
Free travel of wishbone...and swing shaft out of the way..??

A photo will help here :)
Thanks for your reply,i have now resolved this problem.(it was the propshaft not exhaust in way).i first removed one allen bolt out of propshaft joint and then slightly levered/wedged propshaft upwards to allow bolt removal
. it did come out at an angle with a bit of wiggling etc. Unfortunately the bolt can only enter from one side due to the design of car shape.thanks again for help.

View attachment 407102

@varesecrazy - you can just about make it out in this photo (ignore the writing) - it at the bottom centre of the photo, with the bolt nearly touching the 4x4 propshaft... However, @cala, in this photo of my 4x4, it looks with there is a nut at the propshaft side with the bolt head on the opposite side, suggesting it comes out from the side furthest from the propshaft once the nut is unscrewed?
hi, as mentioned the bolt will only go in from the propshaft side because entry is restricted other side by the shape of car floor, hope this makes sense

In the photo.. the bolt appears to be fed in from the other end... nut added next to propshaft

What am I missing??
That the bolt on the other end of ‘the dog bone’ goes in from the other side…

Attachments

• 2BB67F64-430B-4ACD-94F0-DC427BE73D9B.jpeg
    2BB67F64-430B-4ACD-94F0-DC427BE73D9B.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 1B786A31-917C-4FC0-83E9-6CA08AD81EF0.jpeg
    1B786A31-917C-4FC0-83E9-6CA08AD81EF0.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
Back