Styling Question.Debadged car.

Currently reading:
Styling Question.Debadged car.

pantjo

Why someone would want to debadge their car? [8)]

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

Well, the Stilo isn´t a typical Fiat-product, so removing the badges will give you a little more street credibility. :D

The back gets more serene if there aren´t all those distracting letter on them, especially the blue FIAT, which looks butt ugly on a moire purplish-black. The round blue fiat on the grille isn´t pretty imho, but still looking for a decent one (no merkur, novitec or ms-design ones for me)

Abarth 3d Black Moire + 17" + cdc + "718" + Sebring TS4

It all comes down to personal taste. I can imagine what Game means about blue Fiat badges on purple-black but, for instance on my car which is silver, the blue looks pretty good. [8D]

Horses for courses...

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

I agree with rriggs. It all comes to personal taste. I own a 1.6 3d Black Moire and i think that both rear FIAT badge and front round badge look prety cool on the black. I also added under the 16v on the rear the Abarth badge (i didn't have the money to buy an abarth so i baught the badges instead :D) and under the indicator lights on each side. Looks realy cool.
Last night i had an Alfa Romeo 166 stucked in my tail trying to read the badges on the rear. [8D]

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo Black 1.6 3Door Dynamic, 16''Alloys

i believe the badges spoil the lines of the car and make it look cluttered

here's one for you tho

Why do you paint the walls of your house different colours?

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

On my FIAT punto mk1 (green). I have replaced the standard 4blue lines badges (front) with the new circle FIAT badge from the mk2. Plus although not yet done, i will debadge the back and get the word P U N T O written on the back like on the seat leon cupra R. Just to look different

"Spirito di Punto"

Friends and family keep asking me why I have taken all the badges off. I use the reasons mentioned above, but they still think it's silly.

I think it looks cool and I love it when people are checking out my car in the car park because they don't know what it is. (Has happened several times lol)

Plus it makes it easier to polish, as you don't have to work around all the nooks and crannies removing all the unsightly, left over wax.

I got them from the dealer when I picked up my car. They are self adhesive.

Stilo_sill_1.jpg

Stilo_sill_2.jpg

/me sees picture and immediately starts to wash car :I

/me thinks...Lead is a fanatic!!! Car not dirty!! What is he going to wash???[8D]

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

Lead - How much did the dealer charge for the sills?

PS - Don't need the grille now as have found that it is only twenty quid from Fiat if you specify it with no badge and use the badge off the broken one. Cheers anyway!

Roja

nice sills lead, but what I wanna know is where'd you get your mats with Stilo on them?

MiniG

--
Stilo
1.6 dymanic, Broom Yellow, Skywindow, CD changer.
wanna see it? click here
http://www.stupidyellowcar.co.uk

Got mine from the dealer, had to wait 2 months though.

Like the sills, I must try and get them.
I have mud flaps which have Stilo on them,
Just lost a rear one on the dual carrigeway, so will have to order another one. Had them the same time as the mats, same waiting time.

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
Met. Blue. all Electric. Skywindow..SatNav+
17" 7 spoke alloys.
Rear Parking sensor and Puddle Lights.

......Ham............

I just got the last set of Stilo mats from my dealer - was surprised by the cost (£28.41) seeing as Halfords wanted £27.99 for the generic semi tailored jobs that fit the Audi A3/A4 as well as half the Fiat range and at least a dozen other cars!!

Could definitely be tempted by some sill protectors though...

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by pantjo
/me thinks...Lead is a fanatic!!! Car not dirty!! What is he going to wash???[8D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's smudges on the second picture...oh, never mind. :)

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rriggs
Lead - How much did the dealer charge for the sills?

PS - Don't need the grille now as have found that it is only twenty quid from Fiat if you specify it with no badge and use the badge off the broken one. Cheers anyway!

Roja

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I got 15% off the book price, can't remember what it was though and I can't look it up at the moment as I am at work.

Good news about the grille. Hope it doesn't have a blank in the middle where the badge goes. [:0] Unless, of course, you want to keep the badge.

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MiniG
nice sills lead, but what I wanna know is where'd you get your mats with Stilo on them?

MiniG<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I got them free as part of the original deal I negotiated for the car.

They're a bit annoying sometimes though. They keep slipping foward and interfering with the clutch pedal. I thought it was a fault with the clutch at first :I

Back