Put Your flippin' Lights On! Is it time daytime running lights are introduced in UK?

Currently reading:
Put Your flippin' Lights On! Is it time daytime running lights are introduced in UK?

Should this be introduced?

• Total voters
Well of course it wont drop, this is my point exactly, leaving your lights off will be the same as leaving them on, it will make no difference financially, so there for keep them on and be seen, simple....

We'll weigh up both options and this will decide:

Pros:

A blind man may save himself from a shunt

Cons:

Cost of changing bulbs more often

Inconvenience of changing bulbs more often (have you seen the engine bay of a GPS?)

proven decrease in mpg

Blind people will still be on the road

Last edited:

Pros:

Cons:

Inconvenience of changing bulbs more often (have you seen the engine bay of a GPS?)

proven decrease in mpg

We have already conculded that this MPG problem is sloved my LED's! Although now we have a problem with blind poeple. whoops.:chin:

you should have at least cut some slots into the bumper, then put them in nice and flush. They look pretty naff stuck on top like that tbh. I must get round to actually wiring up that grill of mine too:)

Do you know how cold it is out? I might do the holes and put them behind the bumper when the weather gets a bit warmer. The only other problem with mounting them in the bumper though is people might think they are fog lamps.

Last edited:

Pros:

Cons:

proven decrease in mpg

OOOOOOOOh Dear, the mentality of people...

Look if you think that an extra set of bulbs will break the bank in your cars life is the end of the world, then i give up.
if you are anoyed at the thought of phisicly changeing the bulb (if and when it needs changing) is the end of the world, then i also give up.

If these 2 thoughts are HONESTLY harder to swallow than YOUR saftey AND other persons safety then thats just fine by me, just remember my words the next time you get side swiped, or hit that car you DID NOT see, ....and then think to your self.....damn the bulbs were only 5 pounds, now i need a new car......

And Mr Panda has proved that you can run light at minamal costs,
Tell me somthing, if people are conserned soooooooooo much about fuel aconamy then why dont you drive a small desiel, or even a moped, and do you turn your engine of if you come to a rest at lights for more than 12 seconds.....i think not, so save a SIMPLE problem and turn on your lights...

ooooohhh i give up, still there always 2 opionins in all things in life, and i think this is just another...

OOOOOOOOh Dear, the mentality of people...

Look if you think that an extra set of bulbs will break the bank in your cars life is the end of the world, then i give up.
if you are anoyed at the thought of phisicly changeing the bulb (if and when it needs changing) is the end of the world, then i also give up.

If these 2 thoughts are HONESTLY harder to swallow than YOUR saftey AND other persons safety then thats just fine by me, just remember my words the next time you get side swiped, or hit that car you DID NOT see, ....and then think to your self.....damn the bulbs were only 5 pounds, now i need a new car......

And Mr Panda has proved that you can run light at minamal costs,
Tell me somthing, if people are conserned soooooooooo much about fuel aconamy then why dont you drive a small desiel, or even a moped, and do you turn your engine of if you come to a rest at lights for more than 12 seconds.....i think not, so save a SIMPLE problem and turn on your lights...

ooooohhh i give up, still there always 2 opionins in all things in life, and i think this is just another...

I didn't say changing my bulbs or buying new ones prematurely was the end of the world did I? It's just an inconvenience.

Having your lights on in the day makes little difference to an idiot behind a wheel.

My bulbs cost more than 5 quid.

LOL notice you want your car seen but not your reg plate!...its a large reflective item on the front of your car perhaps your car would be more visible if you wiped it now and again!

Perfect !!!!!!!

You see, 1 watt, no cost, and seen 24/7
Fantastic, Roll on mr Panda, you deserve a a pat on the back for showing everybody on FIAT FORUM that it is simple, cheap, and safe to have (day lights)
Respect to the white Panda...:slayer::worship:

if you can't see a car in broad daylight because it hasn't got its lights on then I think you probably shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

Back