Technical Punto won't start. Won't crank. Abs failure message

Currently reading:
Technical Punto won't start. Won't crank. Abs failure message

Blue009

Hi guys I'm in need of some urgent assistance. My wifes car won't start and she's had to leave it at the old ladies house that she looks after. I'm going to look at it tomorrow but I'm not great with cars. Heres what she told me- the car won't start at all and does not crank but she can hear a clicking noise. The dashboard comes up with a warning error saying abs failure check handbook. She tried jump starting it but that did not work. She also tried rocking and starting and that also didn't work. The lights, dash, radio all work. An old man came out with a multimeter and said the battery is fine and fully charged. Any ideas guys? I have on odb2 scanner so I can check tomorrow for codes. Thanks

It actually says ebd and abs error. It doesn't crank and when turning the ignition there was a single click then silent. I can also hear a buzzing noise when ignition on. Had a look today but my obd2 reader said no faults so waiting for rac now. Surely someone on here has some info

Please use Google "abs failure no start fiat punto" and it gives similar thread with detailed solution. I bet it's the bad earth to the gearbox just under the clutch slave cylinder. Clean and replace the earth lead.

Found the issue. It was the earth to the battery that had completely snapped in half.

Back