Technical Fiat Punto 2009 model - Car & lock solid symbol, car won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto 2009 model - Car & lock solid symbol, car won't start

Fela

Hi, please I need your help. I accidentally shook/held ECU in trying to balance my feet as was about to fall. The engine was running and it immediately stopped running the moment my hand hit the ECU. I tried turning it on and it just couldn't, when I turn the ignition on it locks the doors and does not respond to crank. The moment the key is turned to "on" position dashboard lights up with car and lock solid symbol .

Have tried removing battery, putting the terminals together for a while, still no luck.

Could it be the ECU has died?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_095434_com.gbwhatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_095434_com.gbwhatsapp.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 37
  • VID_20240305_075521.mp4
    16.8 MB
You disturbed the wiring, look there, check it, wiggle it a bit more (but gently, try to push wires into the plugs, not pulling - it will make things worst).
Wiring, connectors on ECU and around the battery. Plus check the main ground/earth once you're there.

If you have OBD2 cable + MES, try to read the errors, maybe it will tell what's wrong ("no communication to ECU" for example).
If you're lucky. It might be bad communication (CAN wires), but also disrupted power delivery, which indeed can kill the ECU.

You disturbed the wiring, look there, check it, wiggle it a bit more (but gently, try to push wires into the plugs, not pulling - it will make things worst).
Wiring, connectors on ECU and around the battery. Plus check the main ground/earth once you're there.

If you have OBD2 cable + MES, try to read the errors, maybe it will tell what's wrong ("no communication to ECU" for example).
If you're lucky. It might be bad communication (CAN wires), but also disrupted power delivery, which indeed can kill the ECU.
Hi, Thank you so much for your response. Yes I do have OBD2, the bluetooth one, it says "no communication to ECU". May be I need someone with more technical knowledge to look at it now, I thought before getting someone I might try and see if there is a way to solve the problem.

Really appreciate your response.

Thanks

Back