General Punto GSX?

Currently reading:
General Punto GSX?

Stealth123

Just getting another beer
Hi all
First of all I am glad to be the owner of first a Stilo JTD 115PS MW and now as fate has it a Punto GSX.
My wife in all her haste and "do it now" mode bought and paid for it as we needed a second car so we must fetch it when the Stilo goes to the workshop in the next couple of days.
Today I only got a look at the car from the outside as I was in a hurry and could not find the guy with the key.
So I ask as this is an Austrian model, what does the GSX mean in respect with what year and model this is? I cant find anything about a GSX on the net but the badge is there and the private sales contract does not state anything and the papers were locked in the car.
Any insight or links would be appreciated.
PS I reckon it is a 2005 model but it could be anything from 2003.

LOL thanks people, well going to pick it up tomorrow and take a better look at it. I was wondering why I was not getting any responses for my post. :confused:
Will let you know if it is one of a kind ;)

Oops my bad, it is a ELX, still dont know what that means probably E is for Economy, someone forgot to put AC in it.
It is a 2001 model btw, which explains a bit I guess. Nice car though, easy to drive, comfortable enough.

Last edited:
has someone nicked the r off the end and you have a yammy hoo har under the hud?

That would be a Suzuki ;) "Gixer"

Dont forget to service the car properly at the least change oil, coolant and brake fluid. So many puntos get neglected and then problems like head gaskets start to happen.

dont know what elx stands for.... maybe electric luxury? in the sense that if im correct, models below an elx dont have all the electric mod cons like electric sunroof/windows etc. i may be wrong tho.... if you have the 16v engine, ur basically driving a sporting minus the spoiler/front fog lights and side skirts. elx models are the mid range models.

dont know what elx stands for.... maybe electric luxury? in the sense that if im correct, models below an elx dont have all the electric mod cons like electric sunroof/windows etc. i may be wrong tho.... if you have the 16v engine, ur basically driving a sporting minus the spoiler/front fog lights and side skirts. elx models are the mid range models.

Thanks for that
It does have power steering and CITY function, front electric windows, foglights, trip computer.
Type code is 188BXA1A 01G, in the handbook it does not have the 01G part but the rest relates to the 1.2 8v version (5door) and the papers do state 44kw or 59PS. No aircon but wife is happy ;)

One thing I am impressed is that as a 2001 model it only has 74K km and ZERO rust. Underneath yes it has been cleaned but it looks brand new out of the factory and even the door hinges are spotless. I assume the previous owner kept the car in a garage.

I will he checking the forums for the airbag light on and how to grease the doors as both driver and passenger doors are making a creaking sound when opening and closing.
Nice to drive as I said but will not be attacking the highways with it, that is for the Stilo :)

Last edited:
how to grease the doors as both driver and passenger doors are making a creaking sound when opening and closing.

normally its slack fasteners in the A post or on the door,catch them quick tighten them up and it stops them ripping the sheet steel on the door frame:)
did one today seriously slack strangely enough

here:)

Attachments

• IMG1495-01.jpg
    IMG1495-01.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG1496-01.jpg
    IMG1496-01.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 21
Awesome, thank you, will let you know how it goes. Will try and tackle it when it stops raining.

On the second photo, Punto has a standard 10mm nut and bolt, on the drivers side nut was missing so put another one in. To the best of my ability I tightened the 3 nuts on each door, RH door was easier with a little bit more space, passenger side for me.
So everything tight but still a popping sound, used WD40 and grease, not easy to get grease in there though, still making a noise.
I was reading on another forums that I should remove the doors. Otherwise what else can I do?
Doors do not seem in immediate danger of falling off.:)

Back