General Bulbs for the interior and the Punto letters on the back

Currently reading:
General Bulbs for the interior and the Punto letters on the back

Puntomk1GOAT

Hi Punto pals (cringe)
I was wondering which bulbs go into the roof lights that go off when you open the door? Also, I picked up some cheap T5 bulbs for the instrument board but they're cheap Chinese ones, I couldn't find any better ones. Have you changed the instrument board bulbs with anything like this and if you did, how long do they last? I also picked up the Punto letters that go on the right side of the trunk. How do I put them on? Looks like they're just glued on. Do I just use super glue?

Hello,

For the bulbs type, I'd suggest checking in the owners' manual.

Superglue will work only on the plastic and definitely damage the paintwork. I think they were originally glued on some type of double sided adhesive tape. The original one would be very hard to find these days (the letters were delivered with the adhesive). I'd look for some double side adhesive sheet and try some laser cutting / engraving. Check with small local printing / photocopying companies, they often have such tools and / or product. They could put the letters on the scanner, scan them and then use it for cutting the adhesive sheet.

Double side adhesive tapes are very hard to cut with scissors or cutters :(

Hello,

For the bulbs type, I'd suggest checking in the owners' manual.

Superglue will work only on the plastic and definitely damage the paintwork. I think they were originally glued on some type of double sided adhesive tape. The original one would be very hard to find these days (the letters were delivered with the adhesive). I'd look for some double side adhesive sheet and try some laser cutting / engraving. Check with small local printing / photocopying companies, they often have such tools and / or product. They could put the letters on the scanner, scan them and then use it for cutting the adhesive sheet.

Double side adhesive tapes are very hard to cut with scissors or cutters :(
Thanks a lot for the reply! I was hoping for some easier solution but I guess I'll look into your suggestion. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble. 🚗 🇮🇹

I’ve put on loads of badges with trim tape.

It’s a foam double sided tape that has some cushioning in it to fit round contours of the car

Just look on Amazon for trim tape and buy the cheap stuff with a green peel off backing, while you’re their get a scalpel with a nice sharp blade, cover the whole back of the badge with tape and then using the scalpel trim around the edges so the whole back of the badge is covered. No need for fancy scanning or messing about with sheets of adhesive laser cutting or anything else.

This is the method all body shops use to stick badges back on after doing paint work.

Back