Punto Evo '10 - TomTom can't connect to Blue&Me - Unable to update

Currently reading:
Punto Evo '10 - TomTom can't connect to Blue&Me - Unable to update

bebius

Hello everybody,

I just bought a used Punto Evo today and I'm very happy coming from a Cinquecento.
My problem is that while TomTom works fine as a navigator and can connect to my phone, it can't connect to the car (e.g. I can answer a call and talk only through TomTom's speaker instead of the car's one). It searches for a B&M device and finds nothing and no Consumption and other car info are displayed.

Also, I can't update the system through the usb port using the BlueMeConfigurator for the first step. The USB flash disk (4gb) is never recognised.

Previous owner barely used the device and can't help (she has also lost the TomTom usb cable, please tell me where I can get one for cheap).
Is there anything I can do? Is it worth it to visit a Fiat authorized technician, given the system's age?

It seems that I had to use another flash disk to update it, the update process went fine after all!
Also I found out how to access the pairing option so as to pair the tomtom with the B&M, the wheel button "Call/Menu" had to be pressed hard, probably due to the years of usage. Is there anything I can do to make the buttons on the wheel more responsive?
Also I would like to ask if there is a phone holder for android phones that can be inserted in that specific place on the console so that I can use my phone instead of the obsolete tomtom device (maybe it can be used as a charger also).

Regarding the wheel buttons, I have found info in the forum about how to clean them and hopefully make them responsive again.
I would also like to add that when I try to upload the phonebook after connecting my phone, B&M resets and behaves eratically. So you probably want to avoid that.

Back