Blue and me dead, thinking of replacing the headunit to an updated version from fiat.

Currently reading:
Blue and me dead, thinking of replacing the headunit to an updated version from fiat.

Hello,
I have a Fiat Avventura 2015, the blue and me module is dead i camr to this conclusion after checking for voltages, the USB port has no power the blue and me buttons not working and the odo is flashing.

I was thinking of replacing the head unit with one from a later model photos of which will be attached below. Let me know how I can do this. Do i need to replace my blue and me system?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-15-10-35-57-941_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-15-10-35-57-941_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2024-02-15-10-35-51-898_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-15-10-35-51-898_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The Daiichi unit you picture is actually even more temperamental and unreliable than the old blue and me units, and there have been many people comment on these forums when they have already failed, even though they are much newer than the Blue and Me system.

I'd recommend getting your existing B&M module fixed if you want originality or else getting an after market head unit of some kind.

The Daiichi unit you picture is actually even more temperamental and unreliable than the old blue and me units, and there have been many people comment on these forums when they have already failed, even though they are much newer than the Blue and Me system.

I'd recommend getting your existing B&M module fixed if you want originality or else getting an after market head unit of some kind.
Thank you so much fo the information.

I looked around the internet and found a couple of android bases systems in OEM style which looks similar to the Daiichi unit. I was thinking of putting that in.

The sound quality will surely be affected if i go down that route right.

As you recommend to get the blue and me uint fixed I wilk give it a try. But not sure where or how to do it. I know a place which works on electronics like laptops and other appliances on a chip level I will ask them if they can do it.

Would be very helpful if someone could point out a few common failure points on the system.

Thank you so much fo the information.

I looked around the internet and found a couple of android bases systems in OEM style which looks similar to the Daiichi unit. I was thinking of putting that in.

The sound quality will surely be affected if i go down that route right.

As you recommend to get the blue and me uint fixed I wilk give it a try. But not sure where or how to do it. I know a place which works on electronics like laptops and other appliances on a chip level I will ask them if they can do it.

Would be very helpful if someone could point out a few common failure points on the system.
The sound quality on the latest android units is excellent. The dsp chips in them are pretty decent. I've had a few and they have only got better. Remember the factory unit is built to a price point and the speakers also.
Blue and me repair is common in the UK, but I've not seen any information on the Internet relating to what actually fails. Unless it's obvious from burnt out components you'll need someone willing to spend the time fault finding at your expense 😅⌚

Please suggest some place where i could get a good android player to replace my old one or get a replacement blue and me module in the UK.

I have a cousin brother in hatfield he can get it for me.

Please suggest some place where i could get a good android player to replace my old one or get a replacement blue and me module in the UK.

I have a cousin brother in hatfield he can get it for me.
I believe your system is the same as the punto and linea? If so, plenty of options on aliexpress. I currently have one by a brand called mekede, but you'll find they are all manufactured by a small number of companies and then rebranded by the likes of mekede. What may be of importance to you is the quality of operation. The higher priced models will have better chipsets / processors and screens. They are basically glorified mobile phones so think of the specs in the same way. The more you pay the faster it will run. They usually come with everything required to make all your car functions work like a canbus decoder box, but do check what is included on the listing.
What I did loose was the use of the voice activation and call buttons linked to blue and me... Obviously. Everything else still works as it did. You just initiate voice commands like making a call or navigating to a particular place via Google assistant.
For your Blue and me unit you will find repair services in the UK on Google (if you want to post it for repair) and replacement second hand units on eBay.
Oh and android units integrate with blue and me so you can have both.

I used Revtronic to fix unit for Panda cross. It worked but failed after 3 months again. Sent it back they tried again. Didnt work. Checked the pins on the lead. Pin 16 live, pin 1 was not. They sent my money back saying couldnt fix. Dont know whether to get non fiat unit from China or try another box. Cant say anything bad about Revtronic as were helpful to a point, but am still a wee bit in the dark of why it failed to be fixed. Any help?

I used Revtronic to fix unit for Panda cross. It worked but failed after 3 months again. Sent it back they tried again. Didnt work. Checked the pins on the lead. Pin 16 live, pin 1 was not. They sent my money back saying couldnt fix. Dont know whether to get non fiat unit from China or try another box. Cant say anything bad about Revtronic as were helpful to a point, but am still a wee bit in the dark of why it failed to be fixed. Any help?
Without knowing what they know about the modes of failure it's hard to say, but from my own experience of repairing electronics as a hobby if something blows on a power supply rail it can take out a major component it's controlling the supply to further down the line and then its usually game over.

Thanks Bun but still none the wiser, Box is finished completely and need another box 52004258 . What would be significance of pin 1 no power but 16 having it
Thanks for any advice

Without knowing what they know about the modes of failure it's hard to say, but from my own experience of repairing electronics as a hobby if something blows on a power supply rail it can take out a major component it's controlling the supply to further down the line and then its usually game over.

Thanks Bun but still none the wiser, Box is finished completely and need another box 52004258 . What would be significance of pin 1 no power but 16 having it
Thanks for any advice
Sorry for the confusion, but did you check the wiring connector to the blue and me unit or did they tell you they checked it on the bench and pin 1 was dead and 16 was live?

Again thanks
It was checked when refitting to car. They had said fine on bench test

Again thanks
It was checked when refitting to car. They had said fine on bench test
You'd need to find a wiring diagram for the blue and me connector. Workshop manuals are out there such as elearn. You may even find it via Google image search or on this forum.
It was a few years ago that I removed mine. I think it has a constant live and a switched live. Associated ground. A can high and low, outputs to the USB and the rest to the radio. There may be a valid reason why pin 1 isn't live.
Sorry I can't be more help.

All I can find so 1 isnt live at all and 16 is main power

PIN,SIGNAL
3,USB D+
4,USB GND
5,AUX left channel
8,microphone input
14,CAN LOW
15,GND
16,+12V from battery
19,USB D-
20,USB +5V
21,AUX GND
22,AUX right channel
24,microphone GND
30,CAN HIGH
31,USB GND
32,+12V from key

Reactions: bun
All I can find so 1 isnt live at all and 16 is main power

PIN,SIGNAL
3,USB D+
4,USB GND
5,AUX left channel
8,microphone input
14,CAN LOW
15,GND
16,+12V from battery
19,USB D-
20,USB +5V
21,AUX GND
22,AUX right channel
24,microphone GND
30,CAN HIGH
31,USB GND
32,+12V from key
There's your answer for pin 1. Had a quick check on ebay. Loads of blue and me units available from a range of fiat models. They're all the same hardware wise. I've read some folk have just plugged it in and away it goes. Others have had to proxi align in order to get it working. Have a read through some other threads on the matter on here.
I can't comment as I just removed mine and proxi aligned it off the system.

I believe your system is the same as the punto and linea? If so, plenty of options on aliexpress. I currently have one by a brand called mekede, but you'll find they are all manufactured by a small number of companies and then rebranded by the likes of mekede. What may be of importance to you is the quality of operation. The higher priced models will have better chipsets / processors and screens. They are basically glorified mobile phones so think of the specs in the same way. The more you pay the faster it will run. They usually come with everything required to make all your car functions work like a canbus decoder box, but do check what is included on the listing.
What I did loose was the use of the voice activation and call buttons linked to blue and me... Obviously. Everything else still works as it did. You just initiate voice commands like making a call or navigating to a particular place via Google assistant.
For your Blue and me unit you will find repair services in the UK on Google (if you want to post it for repair) and replacement second hand units on eBay.
Oh and android units integrate with blue and me so you can have both.
Thanks for the reply😊
I looked at some android options available on the market and most of them are like mobile phones as you said and are well above $200.
I saw a vid of a guy wiring a bluetooth module to the aux in on the stock stereo unit of an earlier version made by Blaupunkt.

I looked around for that unit online its available in the UK for around 20 pounds.

But its not available here in india, I was thinking of getting a bluetooth 5 audio reciever module and wiring it to the back of my stock head unit. I have attached the photo of the bluetooth module and the 12v stepdown module, that I got just in case I can't t find a 5v switching power.

The wiring seemed to be straight forward after seeing the video.

I have never opened the stereo unit and have no idea how the wiring looks like back there.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the aux connector and the stereo unit and also the bluetooth unit requires 5v, is there a switching 5v on the back of the unit?

I must say I'm so happy to be a part of the global fiat community and you guys are epic 😍🙌.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-18-02-45-31-479_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-02-45-31-479_com.android.chrome.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2024-02-18-02-44-41-638_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-02-44-41-638_com.android.chrome.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the reply😊
I looked at some android options available on the market and most of them are like mobile phones as you said and are well above $200.
I saw a vid of a guy wiring a bluetooth module to the aux in on the stock stereo unit of an earlier version made by Blaupunkt.

I looked around for that unit online its available in the UK for around 20 pounds.

But its not available here in india, I was thinking of getting a bluetooth 5 audio reciever module and wiring it to the back of my stock head unit. I have attached the photo of the bluetooth module and the 12v stepdown module, that I got just in case I can't t find a 5v switching power.

The wiring seemed to be straight forward after seeing the video.

I have never opened the stereo unit and have no idea how the wiring looks like back there.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the aux connector and the stereo unit and also the bluetooth unit requires 5v, is there a switching 5v on the back of the unit?

I must say I'm so happy to be a part of the global fiat community and you guys are epic 😍🙌.
Can you select aux on the headunit? I didn't think blue and me equipped cars could? If not you might be able to piggy back on the blue and me aux inputs on the back of the headunit and select mp3 or whatever to get it working. Anyway google fiat aux input and search images. You'll see what it looks like and also get lots of images of pinout on fiat radios. You will definitely need a 5v step down voltage regulator.
Search the forum. There are many threads and guides on puntos etc regarding aux inputs.

The aux port is working perfectly i have checked it using an aux cable and it works.
I mannaged to find some pictures of the headunit online and the wiring diagram seems straight forward.

There is a connection which i believe will have a switching 5v. I will attach the images down below and will mark the pin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• IMG-20240218-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20240218-WA0011.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20240218-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20240218-WA0010.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20240218-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20240218-WA0009.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240218_233730.jpg
    IMG_20240218_233730.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 24
The aux port is working perfectly i have checked it using an aux cable and it works.
I mannaged to find some pictures of the headunit online and the wiring diagram seems straight forward.

There is a connection which i believe will have a switching 5v. I will attach the images down below and will mark the pin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I would presume its a 12v switched? Only way to know is to test it with a multimeter!
Looks like you have a good workable solution. Bluetooth will be an excellent addition ☺️👌

Thank you for the reply. I have ordered the modules and waiting for delivery. In the mean time the car went for general service.
Another question I have is about removing the head unit, its done by using the keys right. I tried to find them online but its not available here.
Is there any other way to remove the headunit without using the keys?

Will surely be uploading updates on the project 😊

Reactions: bun
Thank you for the reply. I have ordered the modules and waiting for delivery. In the mean time the car went for general service.
Another question I have is about removing the head unit, its done by using the keys right. I tried to find them online but its not available here.
Is there any other way to remove the headunit without using the keys?

Will surely be uploading updates on the project 😊
Anything that fits in the hole. Wooden kebab sticks. Screwdrivers. Etc. I used hacksaw blades on my bravo 😅

Back