Technical Puncture warning lights

Currently reading:
Technical Puncture warning lights

Hi iam now the proud owner of a 500 colour therapy in Volair blue really made up with it how-ether today on its week old birthday I found a screw in salvos (his name) front tyre ,remove screw and tyre went down .
Had puncture repaired but the tyre warning is still on in the speedo is this correct?
Cheers colin

Hi iam now the proud owner of a 500 colour therapy in Volair blue really made up with it how-ether today on its week old birthday I found a screw in salvos (his name) front tyre ,remove screw and tyre went down .
Had puncture repaired but the tyre warning is still on in the speedo is this correct?
Cheers colin
I would say so. There will be a reset button or more likely a reset option in the menus somewhere. Tire pressure monitoring (on non USA cars) is commonly an implied indication from the ABS (anti lock brake) controller. Once the light has come on you fix the flat tyre then reset the system. It can then re learn the implied circumference of the four wheels, which may well now all be different to the previous baseline. (Different tyre pressures or new tyres effect the circumference.)
It can take quite a bit of driving after resetting the system for it to "re-learn" and be able to sense a subsequent tyre pressure loss.
Anyhow I dont have a 500 yet, so someone else should be able to point you to the procedure, or it will be in the book no doubt.

Last edited:
Do older Fiat 500s have the Tire Pressure Monitoring System or this a new feature by way of a recently updated ABS controller? Lack of responses to OP suggests its the latter.

Fiat have probably quietly included it recently as I believe it's law for new cars to come with it from November 2014.
Maybe, but I assume you refer to the the UK market. My soon to arrive Australian car has it too.

Could simply be another subtle improvement differentiating the series 3 or dash 3 builds. I am supposing the new TFT instrument cluster provides an interface to reset the TPMS??

In any case, Fiat would be hard pressed to find a ESP/VDC capable ABS controller without TPMS capability nowadays. All that was missing was the button to reset it.

Logger correct I found a eratter piece note in my welcome pack ,I think it's anew e.u regulation .
Any way u just press menus button on dashboard a few times then tyre pressure comes up then press reset ok all done
Thanks for replys.

Logger correct I found a eratter piece note in my welcome pack ...
Any way u just press menus button on dashboard a few times then tyre pressure comes up then press reset ok all done .
Thats Great Colinsar, glad it worked.
I am curious, does your car have the new TFT (colour digital) instrument cluster? From your posts it is not obvious to me which 500 variant you have. I am trying to ascertain if both cluster design supports this TPMS reset menu. I expect they do in the recent build cars.

Back