Technical Yellow triangle warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Yellow triangle warning light

Thanks for the quick reply.
I wonder if you know off the top of your head the part number or code number of the central display of the pod. Mine is blank/dead. At first there were a few red marks as if it were trying to light up but totally died soon after. I have looked on line and found that there are new ones but has to be the correct model. The ones shown are COG-VLIT 1592-02? I would prefer not to take mine apart if I can.

Sorry but I am lost with "the speedo unit plug and play apart from needing Proxi alignment". Plus I have no idea of the mileage as it came with it blank! I went on line some time ago and found the people who made the pods and it was them who mentioned ensuring to quote the centre display part number. This company is Italian. Any chance you know their internet connection. I also found a thread that details how to strip the unit apart step by step and that is straight forward. Its all plastic and its a matter of uncliping each part.

It's thought easier to replace the whole speedo complete not the display your last or cars last mot should have a record of the mileage, you buy a secondhand unit from say ebay plug in and use a computer to set it up with the car, you can increase the recorded mileage but not decrease it so if your car had 88k on buy one with a reading almost the same or lower, if you go the repair route use a professional service obtaining only the lcd seems an issue

The plug in and use a computer to set it up with the car is beyond my abilities so I would rather strip and replace. First step is to remove the pod but it will have to wait as my spare car is being used by my son as his wifes car (Astra) is hopefully getting her central locking sorted. The car thinks that the key is left in when its not and so the cental locking fob does not work and the only door on the car that can be locked manually is the drivers door using the key but that is a waste as the other three doors cant be locked manually!

Back