Technical Proxi alignment

Currently reading:
Technical Proxi alignment

tonyspunto

Ive just swapped the instrument cluster in my sons 2001 1.2 8v mk2 punto, we now have both airbag lights on and the engine management light on along with what i believe is a gearbox warning light ( it is possible the new cluster is from an auto where as ours is a manual) and of course the digital display is flashing. I know i need a proxi alignment, my question is does anyone know of someone in kent ( im in the tn13 area) who could do this for a reasonable price.
Thanks in advance.

Ill take a pic of the new warning light, ( ive had a look at the original cluster and this light isnt there)

Quick update, have got multiecuscan and all relevant cables, i have proxi aligned successfully and corrected the mileage, no air bag warnings, no engine warnings, but i still have the auto gearbox warning, ecuscan says gearbox failure, ive cleared the fault but the damn light wont go out. Every else works correctly, anyone know how i can fix the warning light ? , short of removing the led.

Quick update, have got multiecuscan and all relevant cables, i have proxi aligned successfully and corrected the mileage, no air bag warnings, no engine warnings, but i still have the auto gearbox warning, ecuscan says gearbox failure, ive cleared the fault but the damn light wont go out. Every else works correctly, anyone know how i can fix the warning light ? , short of removing the led.

iirc its normaly iffy wiring on back lights that cause the autobox warning light
to flag up.

as previously stated there is incompatibility between autos and non autos basically when you proxi-aligned the new dash you taught all the other modules there is an Auto dash so must be an automatic, but now obviously it can't find the auto-gearbox so is throwing a hissy fit, you need the dash from a manual car and to re-proxi-align

IF the fault is JUST the light - I'd be much inclined to remove the light for the gearbox

It wont fail an MOT for it - because its a manual car
it wont come on with a manual gearbox as there no ECU for that

If the dash works 100% otherwise, remove the light, but becareful doing so, its a soldering job

Ziggy

IF the fault is JUST the light - I'd be much inclined to remove the light for the gearbox

It wont fail an MOT for it - because its a manual car
it wont come on with a manual gearbox as there no ECU for that

If the dash works 100% otherwise, remove the light, but becareful doing so, its a soldering job

Ziggy

its in the lcd display bit though shurely shirley

Back