Project Weedub

Currently reading:
Project Weedub

ITS ALIVE!! Muahahahahaha

First turn of the key :) , still a couple of wee jobs to do, remove the thermostat and protect some wiring, but ready to go.

Yeah but I dont know when I will have time tbh, might have to wait till next trip home if that possible, absolutley flat out atm.

Removed the thermostat today and got everything connected back up and the system refilled :)

Thats the car complete again, few pics and vids currently uploading and will be put up as soon as....

Only the bumper off in this pic, shows how neat everything fits in there

Front camber plates have been ordered to try and give me better cornering ability, too much tyre rolling under the rim on sharp corners at the moment, resulting in horrendous amounts of wear on the outer edge of the tyres. The front tyres will be getting turned round on the rim and put on the back, better tyres on the back will be put on the front. Im still keeping an eye out for 15" racing wets if anyone knows of any. Next Knockhill trackdays are 12th and 18th of October, hopefully will be able to get a shakedown run at a wee local track before then ;)

Harper said:
If only my '95 polo had sounded like that. I'm well jealous
Next time im at Alford, if you promise not to wet the seats, I will give you a run in it ;)

You would either **** or **** yourself... or a snail trail...

Too far? Haha

Braided brake lines installed on the front, the kit had the wrong fittings for the rear hoses so will just leave them as is, fixed an oil leak, sump plug was only finger tight (oops), camber plates arrived today so they will get fitted tomorrow as soon as i fix the fuel leak .

Got the plates fitted but VW in their infinate wisdom have positioned the 3 mounting bolts on each top mount in different places, so the position of the drivers side is a different rotation to the passenger side :(

Got the passenger side turret redrilled so the camber plates produce the same amount of castor when on full camber.

Heatshield to refit around the turbo from the engine swap and see if i can get some camber on the rears.

At the autojumble the other week at Alford, i picked up a full set of brand new Goodrich tyres, so need to get the rims in to colins tyres to get them swapped over.

Good to go for sunday tho :)

Today was a game of 2 halves, disappointing start but a great end.

Session 1 - warm up lap and 1.5 fast laps completed before i hit a bump on the apex of a corner and lost all power, had to get towed back to the pits at the end of the session. Fuel pump needed a bit of rejigging.

Session 2- missed due to above

Session 3- Car was going like a rocket for 3 laps had a spin into the gravel trap, all going well till the throttle cable slipped and was only getting 1/4 throttle, retired again..

Session 4 - a mate had the honours of being pilot this time, doing really well and completing the session, fastest lap of 70secs, not bad for a debut.

Session 5- Driven in anger, fastest the car has went today, fastest lap of 66secs, one BIG sideways moment rescued by copious amounts of throttle and tyresmoke to pull it straight. Completes session*

All in all a great day, still came home with a burst radiator and leaking steering rack, and a huge grin**vids will be edited and youtubed in due course

Martyn said:
Ha good times mate. Cant wait to see it in action...hopefully next time!

No probs, unsure if there will be a next time this year, needs the 2 issues sorted first, then hopefully some other new bits, might just keep it locked up till spring 2015

Back