Project Weedub

Currently reading:
Project Weedub

Cheeky wee bargain today, set of gti split rim alloys (bbs) for £50 with tyres :D

And a badgeless grill for £4..

Motorsport on a budget :D

This lad had a **** day, his brakes failed as he was going onto a hairpin and then halfway round, his car accelerated itself..(apparently)

This Ferrari challenge car has just been sold and the owner was giving it a run to make sure it was all ok for the new owner.

Couple pics before i get started

And the one vid i took while trying to cool down after a couple stints out on track

Still some action vids to come, will get them uploaded to youtube over the weekend.

My downpipe snapped at the weld just before lunchtime so my day was ended early. The snap may or may not have been caused by a slight 100mph woops i had :D

Weedub sitting in the workshop looking all sorry for herself just now, too much other things going on, may be the last outing for a while...

Got the workshop tidied up today, all tyres stacked, rubbish to the tip (whole 10x5 trailer full lol) and the polo is up on stands ready to have the winter maintenance done :)

Oh.... what's this I see.... a 6 speed 'box for a vag engine?

Top job ol chap... I think I'll have that!!

Joblessness hasn't really slowed me down much :lol:

On closer inspection it's a 4x4 gearbox... now this presents good and bad.

GOOD:
Can easily be converted to 2wd.
Leaves the option there for moving up to 4wd.

BAD:
More money needed to buy the conversion plates...

It seems GOOD wins this contest :lol:

Haldex rear diff, propshaft and axle removed from donor car..

Been busy the last few days thinking up how to create a stand alone haldex controller that gives me varying torque depending on throttle position. On a standard car it's all linked through the ecu and abs, so that if the front wheels start slipping, the the haldex will start increasing rear drive until the car moves.

And being less knowledgeable than a wasted orangutan when it comes to electronics, I'm onto an uphill battle haha.. watch this space!! ;)

An eventful day today, having cancelled my place at Speedfest last week, a slot opened up, and I decided to go for it and get the car prepped... using only what I had in the shed 2 helpers and 6 hours later and all that's left is to get it washed as it has nearly 10 months worth of dust and doo shite on it..

Pics tomorrow :)

Was tempted by Speedfest but the crappy weather's putting me off. Might change my mind later as I'd like to see the Fiat racer. Saw (and heard cos you couldn't miss it) Il Drago Ruggente at Brooklands last year and it was incredible with it's 27 litre v12 engine. You could actually feel the ground shaking when it started up :twist:

Speedfest was good, weather stayed predominantly dry, and the polo was on fckn fire!!!

What a machine... I love it ;)

Back