cinq_side1.jpg

Cinquecento Project PT Cinquecento

Introduction

My project is to put a Punto 1.4 GT Turbo engine into a Cinquecento Sporting. Started project 2 weeks ago by buying a crashed cat B punto gt (56000miles) with a good running engine, had the cinq for about 4 months. Great little car!!! I understand that this is not an easy conversion but i'll give it a go.(this may take a while due to kids and wife!) few pics of cars before starting, i'll post as and when i can.

Thanks for all the coments on the newbie central

cinq_side1.jpg

punto_engine_bay.jpg

punto_front1.jpg
Remember to take the brakes of the Punto before it's scrapped ;)

The fronts are a bolt for bolt swap and the rears just need a bracket making up or you could probably use the GT's :confused: Not quite 100% on that although I know the Uno hubs work..

Anyway plenty of threads on that if you search.. :)

T.E.D. Jordan machines brackets to convert cinq rears to GT brakes, or something like that.

Ta matt (y)

No need for the brackets if you bolt the hubs and all on from the GT though ;)

Its only the UT rear hubs that bolt straight on, the GT rears are different as they are beam suspension whereas the UT/cinq is independant arm

Jordan

Last edited:
Its only the UT rear hubs that bolt straight on, the GT rears are different as they are beam suspension whereas the UT/cinq is independant arm

Jordan

UT doesn't have independant rear suspension, but Cinqs do. UT (and all mk1/ mk2 Unos for that matter) have a beam type rear axle with fixed trailing arms attached to it (I think that's what you mean about independent arm?) Cinqs have fully independent rear suspension arms in comparison :)

UT doesn't have independant rear suspension, but Cinqs do. UT (and all mk1/ mk2 Unos for that matter) have a beam type rear axle with fixed trailing arms attached to it (I think that's what you mean about independent arm?) Cinqs have fully independent rear suspension arms in comparison :)

You are correct, i worded that wrong, was meant to say that the UT hubs and brackets bolt straight on to the cinq arms :eek:

Thanks for rectifiying that (y)

Jordan

Hey.

I really hope to see this project on the road.

I own a Cento Sporting too and you're portuguese right? Where do you live?

Back