Technical Problem with gears sticking.

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with gears sticking.

GinaG

Have had my Fiat 500 for 18 months now and since I have had it I have had problems with my gears sticking!! Mainly in first and second but it happens in other gears also. Have taken it to numerous garages and spent lots of money but problem hasn’t been solved. Some days it drives fine but more often than not I have the issues with the gears sticking. I have noticed it is worse when it’s hot and sunny or like today very cold.I paid to have it examined by ACE and received the report back that there was an issue with the gears but no clarification on what it was or how to resolve. Can anybody give me some help or advice as garages and Ace Inspection hasn’t been able to. Thanks

Have had my Fiat 500 for 18 months now and since I have had it I have had problems with my gears sticking!! Mainly in first and second but it happens in other gears also. Have taken it to numerous garages and spent lots of money but problem hasn’t been solved. Some days it drives fine but more often than not I have the issues with the gears sticking. I have noticed it is worse when it’s hot and sunny or like today very cold.I paid to have it examined by ACE and received the report back that there was an issue with the gears but no clarification on what it was or how to resolve. Can anybody give me some help or advice as garages and Ace Inspection hasn’t been able to. Thanks

Hi, 🙂

Hot or Cold extremes.. 🤔

Favourites would be the cables from lever to gearbox..
Or the mechanism on the outside of the gearbox

Which of these have been overhauled / replaced?

Hi can you definer"sticking" a little more accurately? do you mean it wont shift between gears easily, or wont go into gear properly ! is it all the gears or just certain shifts ,does it effect reverse as well? . if its only certain gears might be cable adjustment ,but if its all of them could be clutch related

Hi can you definer"sticking" a little more accurately? do you mean it wont shift between gears easily, or wont go into gear properly ! is it all the gears or just certain shifts ,does it effect reverse as well? . if its only certain gears might be cable adjustment ,but if its all of them could be clutch related
The gear will just not shift. I have to turn engine off. Press on the clutch numerous times and if I’m lucky will then go into gear but then will happen again when

Hi, 🙂

Hot or Cold extremes.. 🤔

Favourites would be the cables from lever to gearbox..
Or the mechanism on the outside of the gearbox

Which of these have been overhauled / replaced?
I don’t think any cables have been replaced. Have taken car to different garages and they don’t know what the problem is

Back