Technical Problem with turning off Uconnect 5 radio

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with turning off Uconnect 5 radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Pipo31

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem with my fiat 500: my screen has been stuck like this for two days and it can't be turned off even with the key removed. The only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Attachments

• IMG_6106.jpg
    IMG_6106.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
I tried leaving the battery unplugged all night but as soon as I plug it back in it turns on automatically. I can't turn the radio on or off, that fixed screen remains as soon as I connect the battery

A few things I've heard (including from customer services advisors) but not tried and may be old wives' tales:

1) Press Browse and Mute together and hold until the screen goes blank

OR

2) Put ignition on (but don't start engine), hold the green phone and voice recognition buttons on the steering wheel down together for 30 seconds.
Then: Let go of buttons, turn key off, and then open driver's door for 30 seconds. Close door, put key in ignition and turn on again.

OR

3) Press Radio, Media and Browse together for 5-8 seconds to enter "engineering menu" and see if there is an option for a system reset.

Nick

A few things I've heard (including from customer services advisors) but not tried and may be old wives' tales:

1) Press Browse and Mute together and hold until the screen goes blank

OR

2) Put ignition on (but don't start engine), hold the green phone and voice recognition buttons on the steering wheel down together for 30 seconds.
Then: Let go of buttons, turn key off, and then open driver's door for 30 seconds. Close door, put key in ignition and turn on again.

OR

3) Press Radio, Media and Browse together for 5-8 seconds to enter "engineering menu" and see if there is an option for a system reset.

Nick
I tried to do all of these today but they didn't work

Units probably dead and stuck unable hot up

There not been much luck with regards to fixing theses
Fiats probably not popular enough to warrant interest from most people with would repair such units

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back