Technical Problem with reconditioned gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with reconditioned gearbox

Fergls

Hi there. Probably abit of a strange one but i have recently fitted a reconditioned gearbox to a fiat 500. It came with cable ties around the diff to keep the bearings in situ while in transit. There is a letter saying don’t cut them until ready to put the driveshafts in, which i did. The problem is I can’t get the bloody cable tie out..!! They have linked several ties together but the locking part of the tie seems to be stuck in the bevel gear. Has anyone else experienced this..?? Thanks

Contact the people who rebuilt the box and ask them.
Please let us know what they reply

Is it possible the gears have moved inside the gearbox, possibly during transit causing the cable tie to jam, if so maybe you can gentle move the gears to untangle, if gearbox is fitted then possibly by a slight movement at engine end.
I wouldn't suggest any more than that as the plastic tie could end up welded around a gear or bearing.:(
However assuming box under warranty , then perhaps wait to see what they suggest.

Is it possible the gears have moved inside the gearbox, possibly during transit causing the cable tie to jam, if so maybe you can gentle move the gears to untangle, if gearbox is fitted then possibly by a slight movement at engine end.
I wouldn't suggest any more than that as the plastic tie could end up welded around a gear or bearing.:(
However assuming box under warranty , then perhaps wait to see what they suggest.
Thats what I thought. The gear box is fitted all that needs doing is the driveshafts. I’ll try and ease it out tomorrow but I’m not going to be ruff with it as like you say it could end up in the box. It’s just frustrating as it’s pretty much all done 😂 hopefully the company will get back to me soon and it does have 12 months warranty

Back