police cameras

Currently reading:
police cameras

Twice this week there has been a large police precence local to me catching speeders. Last night there was one loan copper, then a camera van with at least two cops inside, a car then further up the road no less than four motorcycles, then another bike passed me up the road! If we need a policeman round here it takes over an hour for one to turn up! And they want to close the local station too, cant believe it;)

1987 126 FSM, 12" minilight style wheels, clear rear lights, smoked indicators.

Watch those mobile camera's, one got me from the otherside of a dual carriageway[:0]

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

There's a camera van in Sheffield with the words "CASUALTY REDUCTION UNIT" plastered across it...wht a bloody stupid New Labour slogan! Shouldn't it say "CASH MACHINE, POLICE USE ONLY"?

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

Hehehe...I like that one...

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

Originally posted by JonnyBoy
There's a camera van in Sheffield with the words "CASUALTY REDUCTION UNIT" plastered across it...wht a bloody stupid New Labour slogan! Shouldn't it say "CASH MACHINE, POLICE USE ONLY"?

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">
---|||APPLAUSE|||---

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. Remote locking fitted, no light confirmation yet though - need relay fitted

Lol @ Johnnyboy :D.

There aren't ANY (I repeat ANY) fixed cameras round here, but since I live just around the corner from the plice training yard, they like to sit unmarked cars in there to watch speeders speeding along a country lane with a 30 zone *sighs*. Thought I got caught a few weeks ago but it's past the 14 days now so it would appear I've got away with it wahey (was doing 70 on a wide straight road with a 60 zone, in the middle of the night, no cars about, before you all slate me). My parents (in the Midlands) have loads to contend with - cameras every few yards along the road but no police to be had!

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

Yeah, for me a trip to Lancaster city centre is hazardous...alternating 60mph and 30mph roads...2.5 miles at most, 5, yes FIVE fixed speed cameras!

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

its a nice earner for your local plod.just a shame propper crimes dont get the same sort of attention.like if your stereo gets nicked or your wheels.

if it aint broke dont fix it.purple pain.up the villa.brava 1.6sx.
no fag.lighter required.

They must be having a crack down in Newcastle, me & my Dad have both just been caught:( and neither of us are real 'speeders', and neither us have been done before and my Dad's been driving for 37years!

Be seeing the mobile units around a lot, as well as plod with the handheld guns[:(!]

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

I heard a figure yesterday in the paper (i think, I may have dreamt it...!) that 13 million people per day speed. Therefore it is a big crime that has to be cut down on.

It's simple, the speed limits are clear and you learn the not so clear ones from the highway code.

If you don't want to be caught for speeding, like not being caught for drink driving, going through reds, just don't speed.

None of you support drink driving I assume, so how can you support speeding? It can be just as dangerous if there is a kid in the way. You all slated an illegal immigrant who ran over a poor little kid and it was likely speeding played a part in this. Don't be hypocritical. Would it have been better if a police camera had caught this man and he had been pulled at the next junction, yes.

Maybe you are looking at it as the wrong way around. If everyone stops speeding the police force wouldn't need such a high camera presence and more could be spent sorting out more urgent crimes.

Paul

speeding is very much the 2k anti social crime, much as drink driving was the 90's anti social crime, in 5 years, we ill all stick to the limit like glue and never even believe we used to drive the way we do now....

- - Donz - -

I hope so. It is very hard being one of the few who sticks to speed limits, it makes you feel like a prick!

Paul

i ain't one of those people!

but i can see where the authorities are going with thier anti-speeding campaigns and it will happen.

- - Donz - -

i must be honest i do break odd speed limit not by lots but i have been known to do 70 ina 60 or 80 on motor way , i mean be honest who hasnt broke 70 on a motor way. hell if you did 70 you over taken every few seconds. but anyway what i wanted to say was that i dont like speed cameras not because i dont want to pay fine if i am caught then fair play its my fault and i will pay but my gripe is that the cameras are just there to make money. they just wack them up anywere they want and no were near were they are actually needed and just watch the cash flow in. any one here ever got a speed ticket from camera and said ok i will never ever speed again?? most peopel i knwo who have got one think oh sh*t a fine then they just slow down when on that road and carry on as normall everywere else. were i live in norwich they recently put a camera on a road going down hill. the road is only 500meters long bwteen a round about and a junction. there is no path you can not walk near the road and i have never known an accident on it in teh 8 years i have been working near it. yet there is a camera ?? why ?? they are just hoping to catch someone accelerating over 30 going down hill from the round about.

sorry i am ranting at the moment i just think they suck. why not put the cameras were they can do most good like outside schools?? or hospitals??

2001 Punto sporting in sprint blue with matching Mr Bump air freshner all together now mmmmmmm

I agree with you 100% fishdude. At the end of the day they are supposed to improve safety and yet you never see them near schools and the like. In fact, speed cameras would be bloomin' useless round there, what they ned is taffic police to issue fines/ points to stoopid illegal parkers (around schools for example), people jumping red lights, catching illegal drivers and the like that cameras can't do. IMO these thngs are as much a danger but are sadly neglected - the number of times I have nearly been knocked over trying to cross a road when the driver should have stopped at a crossing but just drove straight on (one twit screeched to a halt 6 ins from my knees then proceeded to yell at me despite the fact the green man was shining brightly).

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

But who can seriously complain if they are fined for doing 35 in a 30 zone or 70 in a 60 zone? They both extend stopping distances etc. In summary, if you are breaking a speed limit and are pre-warned that you could be fined then you deserve to be fined.

Who cares where they put the cameras, they have as much right to place them where ever they want because speed limits exist in all places.

In an ideal world we would have a copper for every person and all parking restrictions would be upheld etc. but this can't happen. If people are fool enough to speed infront of a speed camera then I don't have a problem with them helping to support our services financially.

Paul

Yes, but they are BETTER PLACED in accident blackspots because as the law stands they must be signed and visible to encourage drivers to slow down in that area. There is no point in someone sticking to speed limits in a non-dangerous area but then speeding past a school at 40 because they know they can get away with it.

ps. I forgot to say I would never speed in a residential area and I hate the idiots that sit on my tail trying to drive through me.

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

I agree in some ways but most areas are dangerous anyway. When kids are about - well at least at my school - there are so many people around no one travels more than 10mph anyway. In Nottingham they used the excuse of a kid getting killed as a reason to put time elasped cameras all down a 30mph street that comes off a 60mph road. Unfortunately they then used it as an excuse to put cameras all the way down the ring road which is 40mph and could be 50 safely.

I think the problem is varied around the country.

I am glad you don't speed in residential zones and I also hate the idiots that sit 20cm behind your rear looking annoyed as if you are in the wrong.

Basically I can't condone speeding in any area however feel that the police maybe should rethink their posistioning although we don't suffer much in Nottingham.

I have a friend who I have my fingers crossed will get stopped/fined one day as he deserves it!

In other words I haven't really got a viewpoint except speeding is wrong.

Agreeing with Fish again, I think most people speed on motorways - and I think they need to raise the limit to 80/85 on a good day as most people do at least that anyway. So have you never ever exceeded 70 on a clear motorway Paul? Not getting at you because well done if you can keep that up because I couldn't so you're probably the only one here extremely unlikely to ever get a speed ticket.

ps. anyone know if the cameras on the M6 around Manchester and Bolton have been switched on yet? Am going home soon and realy don't want to get caught.....

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

</font id="violet">

Back