Phones F**ked

Currently reading:
Phones F**ked

Tbf there aren't very many silver 85s knocking around here think i've only ever seen one other, if it was mine its got an edinburgh zoo sticker in the back window, dents around the fiat badge, and a large shoulder barge dent in the rear passenger side where a drunk fell into it. I hate parking in newcastle......

I really need to get a mobile, i've got the sim card but hubbby is moaning at me having his all the while now :(

Where is this? Have they given you a tempory phone?

I had a w850i and a button fell of and they refused to fix it. Bloke in shop said its not a comon problem so must have been abuse (as if). Then said even he as some one who worked there couldn't get his w850i fixed when a button fell off it. I repied with the comment 'Not a common problem?'.

These big companies walk all over us! I canceled my contract there and then! the phone was only 9 months old. Most phone have a 12 month warrenty, and then theres the fact that its not fit for purpose it they don't so it under the warrenty then threaten to get in contact with trading standards!

I will NEVER touch Sony Erricson again. 2nd Duff one I've have. Now got a Nokia N95 and its great (although the 1st has a software problem but they sorted that with no problem). I tend to stick to Nokia and Samsung!

Last edited:
whats the rules on them supplying me with a new phone if they can't repair mine?

Technically if its with about a year of purchase, and the phone is broken, its not fit for purpose, which means you could have demanded a new replacement there and then, never let them fix it because its never normally the same.

Is it Pay as you go or Pay monthly?

Anyway, go in and make them aware that your not at all happy and if need be ring them up daily just to get the point accross that you won't let this go. Your phone should be with you by now!

Ouch. phone4u haven't got the best of reputation. But on a serious note, if they do fob you off, just go to your bank and cancel the direct debit they've got. Thats what I would do. You pay say £30 a month for calls and a decent handset to be able to make them on, which they have failed to do. Which means they have backed out of the contract so you can aswell!

I've always used Car Phone Warehouse, but they're not the best now. Best thing might be just to go straight to Vodafone and cut out the middle man, you also get better deals online!

yeh they arent the best but i got a decent enough deal.

i'll see what they say tommorow. my mate got the same deal, lost his job now they're demanding over 500 quid because he didnt pay on time etc, would i get a bad credit rating and stuff if i cancelled, actually it's in my mams name because i was 17 when i got it

Shouldn't get a bad credit rating, just don't use the sim if you do cancel the direct debit, they can't say you didn't pay for something you used then!

I see your doing what I done at 16, was a pain cos mum always had to be there when I wanted something doing of to upgrade. Now 18 so got a new contract in my own name:).

Back