General Performance of stilo?

Currently reading:
General Performance of stilo?

Andeh

im looking at a stilo for a possible next car(few years off - but i can dream :p )

I love the way it looks, especially from the front, but iv heard less then good things from other people about their performance, and was just hoping you lot could clear some of it up. Im driving a 1.1 saxo atm, but would need a bigger car (i find the saxo to be a tad cramped) and for my next car id like something which has a bit more speed and aceleration. Now im not after a giant slayer of a car, but i would like it to make me smile when i really put my foot down. iv also seen that the stilo is a relatively cheap car insurance group wise(1.6 is 1 group higher then my saxo) and is cheap to buy 2nd/3rd hand so it ticks all the right boxes money wise, but im worried about the performance. Anyone have anything to say/advise? thanks. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

So, what exactly have you heard about performance wise for the Stilo?

As for looking at the Abarth, reckon it may be a killer for you on the insurance - however, a JTD may be an option - only group 5 as well ;)

Abarth? how does 0-60 in 7.6secs sound? & 136mph?(that's the book speed) talk to any abarth owner on here(apart from 7zark7) & they'll tell you there's nothing wrong in that department! (y) If not the abarth then the JTD is also very good can be remapped up to 170bhp! (y) & welcome to the forum. :wave:

even the 1.2 or 1.4 would do I think, will both be a fair bit quicker then a saxo 1.1 , still economical as well and we all know the stilo is a large car :)

Actually I had a Stilo 1.4 as my last Dealer courtesy car and I was surprised how nippy and light it was. Made my one feel positively heavy - don't think I'd swop though ;)

If I were to buy again I'd take the diesel over the abarth. The abarth is more of a great motorway cruising car than a twisty A road delight.

Each to their own I spose. I'm not saying there is anything worng with the performance, esp at the price it is, but it's no type R or Focus RS. Buy the Abarth because you want a handsome car with lots of toys and a car with enough power to do its job comfortably.

If you want a fast car, rewarding drive and a kick in the back when you put your foot in then look elsewhere but be prepared to pay more and get less toys.

Fair enough, as we keep stressing, the price paid makes it so desirable - it is not really competing with the RS or type Rs, but can still give them a run for their money - 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds isn't shameful.

I get so much out of driving it, and a rewarding drive - maybe it feels totally different to a standard one now, especially with remap/CDA and lowering on (y)

Stuart DemonD said:
I get so much out of driving it, and a rewarding drive - maybe it feels totally different to a standard one now, especially with remap/CDA and lowering on (y)

That may well be the difference!

I think it would benefit from stiffening up, and another 50bhp, but as you say its a 13-14k car not an 18-20k car and it is good value for money.

As for 7.5 0-62 I think it would sturggle to do that with 2 passengers and a load of fuel in. That is what I belive the times are based on. Again to be a "fast" car i think it needs to be able to do better by about a second.

I think it sounds better than the truly fast hatchbacks though.

believe me I can press the pedal as hard and for as long as most.

braden said:
As for 7.5 0-62 I think it would sturggle to do that with 2 passengers and a load of fuel in.
Mine was clocked at 7.7, before the CDA was put on, with me, Alfanige and a tank of fuel. And that was from a pisspoor start, whereby I had ASR off and left about 5000miles of rubber on the road, lol....

Mine too has clocked 7.7 and there is nothing wrong with that, all I am saying is that it is not a "fast" car, but a car with plenty of oomph. I am not suggesting that it should be type r performance either I am just saying that to get the accolade of being a proper fast car it falls a little short.

KoArAnG said:
hmmmm, no i simply refuse to believe you :D ;)

All the cars in front of me refuse to believe that I am faster than them too. :bang:

If you have sky then tune in to UTV on July 14th 11:30pm. then you can judge my driving for yourself.

braden said:
All the cars in front of me refuse to believe that I am faster than them too. :bang:

If you have sky then tune in to UTV on July 14th 11:30pm. then you can judge my driving for yourself.
Classic, I get that problem as well - even when I can virtually use THEIR rear-view mirror ;)

OOO, UTV - this sounds fun - can someone record it, maybe host it on here somehow - I will be out of the country then :D

Back