General Performance of stilo?

Currently reading:
General Performance of stilo?

If UTV is not listed as a channel you can add it, intructions follow for adding UTV to your SKY box

Goto Services -> System Setup -> Add Channels

Enter the following settings

Frequency 10906
Polarisation V
Symbol Rate 22.0
FEC 5/6

Find Channels

Select UTV

You can now watch UTV by going to services -> other channels and selecting UTV.

UTV will not appear in the programme guide and cannot be recorded using SKY+.

braden said:
Mine too has clocked 7.7 and there is nothing wrong with that, all I am saying is that it is not a "fast" car, but a car with plenty of oomph. I am not suggesting that it should be type r performance either I am just saying that to get the accolade of being a proper fast car it falls a little short.

All the cars in front of me refuse to believe that I am faster than them too. :bang:

If you have sky then tune in to UTV on July 14th 11:30pm. then you can judge my driving for yourself.
You do know that i'm just p*ssing about right ?
I really don't care how much enjoyment anyone else gets out of their Abarth or how good they are at driving, as long i i'm having fun with mine :)

we are all having fun arent we?

UTV is the regional ITV for NI, you will get many ITV options to choose from by following the process above. There are many other channels you can add via this method too, most of them are crap.

Splitting this may be a good idea as i seam to have put us a little off topic. Sorry.

My 1.6 dynamic sounds the part and is definitely no slouch ..... however it does leave you wanting a bit more as the car feels like it is built to go a lot faster! Wish I'd got the 1.8 .... but then again with my other half's record with speed cameras .. I'll stick on a 1.6 for now!

Yes the type R & the RS Focus can do the speed off the lights but you have got the extra Price (n) . And they the typr R are like dog s-it all over the place :D .
I went to the coast the other week in my mates type R (passenger only) The ride is so hard i felt like my back was going to split :bang: :bang: .
No i would not swop my Arbath , you can not beat it at the lights when they are looking at the car thinking what it is and how fast it is (y) :D .

My 1.6 Stilo was perfectly good in the performance department (all things considered like cost/insurance/weight etc etc). It sounded great towards the red line - like all Fiat engines do IMO, that includes my 1.1 Panda!! Also as the lesser engined Stilos have less weight over the front wheels I think the turn-in and steering feel is a little better than in a JTD or Abarth - but other people may disagree.

Go for a 1.6 for sure - just buy on as late a plate and spend as much as you can afford.

dont know how old you are?! So if insurance is a factor im 19 and have a 1.8 stilo and cant fault it; i fink the performance is rather good and insurance isn't much more than my 1.2 8v punto!!! I will beat a saxo vtr and many others the same!! weres as top end is concerned... Mmm... book speed is around 127mph, but personally i had just other 130mph on a private track ;)

Ive owned a lot of cars and some nice ones amongst them but the abarth is the first car where people (strangers)have walked past and said nice car.Two kids did it yesterday,'nice car mate' said one to me and the other said to his mate 'have you seen the inside(cream leather).
Its just a poxy fiat but it goes well in mid range(no civic has beaten me yet from a rolling start)0-60 is ****** for kids; hows it go on the road).
Less than 7k for a car with these gadgets this power and on a 52 plate with 35k is a bargain that none of the others can beat.
I only bought it for a nippy car for work but I love the damn thing,Im not buying the TT because I cant afford both and cant bear the thought of not having the abarth,its got character and life.

gaddass said:
Ive owned a lot of cars and some nice ones amongst them but the abarth is the first car where people (strangers)have walked past and said nice car.Two kids did it yesterday,'nice car mate' said one to me and the other said to his mate 'have you seen the inside(cream leather).
Its just a poxy fiat but it goes well in mid range(no civic has beaten me yet from a rolling start)0-60 is ****** for kids; hows it go on the road).
Less than 7k for a car with these gadgets this power and on a 52 plate with 35k is a bargain that none of the others can beat.
I only bought it for a nippy car for work but I love the damn thing,Im not buying the TT because I cant afford both and cant bear the thought of not having the abarth,its got character and life.
Can not agree more (y)

See if you were in the market for a real hothatch buy the abarth for cheap and spend the extra few grand on performance mods i can guarantee spending the same on the abarth will give you a faster better handling car than the civic or focus and also look a whole lot nicer in the process and both the focus and civic look like dog ****.

hey, thanks for all the welcomes.

im 17 atm, but id be looking at getting one in roughly a years time, when i have a years NCB under my belt.

As much as id love to have the 2.4, i could never afford the insurance, so it around the 1.6 mark that id be looking at. Stilo's seem excellent value for money insurance wise, and i had to check a number of sources before i fully believed the 1.6 is 1 group higher then my 1.1 saxo desire.

Iv not heard much about the 1.6, and how much does it cost to get the JTD[___ turbo Diesel] remapped?

thanks guys.

leehndrsn said:
The 1.6 ain't exactly sluggish :p

I have to completly agree, i have no problems getting the thing moving past the speed limit. Nippy compared to alot of 1.6 cars in its class.

First 10mins of driving my 1.6 i was over 100mph without realising it. Slouch it isn't :)

Food for thought. Cars only need remaps if there's something wrong with the map in the first place! :p

Get rid of the Saxo and buy the Stilo. We are a Stilo/Saxo family; I dislike my wifes Saxo, it is cramped, sloowwww (1.1 SX model) & rattles. The Stilo is in a different league.

Forget the Abarth if you are 17 unless you are very rich or one of the 18000 teenagers in this country with disposable incomes of £50k a year or more, courtsey of their parents (Daily Mail last week). The 1.6 would probably fit your requirements nicely.

As for the sub arguement here, If I could turn back the clock to quote an 80's band I would buy the JTD instead of the Abarth, but that is based on my current cirumstances. The only complaint I have with the Abarth is the fuel consumption but travelling 550miles a week in a 2.4l petrol engine car that is to be expected. The car is pretty good and always attracts postive comments when people actually get a ride in it. 4 up it still goes well.

If you are interested Fiat are currently offering 0% finance with a £0 diposit across the range, if you can squeeze a discount out then that would be a bloody good offer.

i would very much like to be one of those teens who has that much money to throw around, but until then its likely to be around a 1.6. How are they to drive aswell, iv only driven a few cars, corsas and my saxo, so ride wise, is it likely to be softer or stiffer, and how about cornering etc? thanks.

beleave the 3 door and the 5 door have different suspension setups, only driven the 5 door here and its made to be very smooth and bumps on the road are vary rarely noticed. This does compromise it a slight bit in corners but it holds itself well still.

If running costs want to be kept down, do look at the 1.2. It aint bad and in reality is just like having a 1.4.

I'd like to add that insurance groups are a funny thing. my Old Rover 214 was group 9 and cost less then the group 5 Brava to insure. Although oddly the stilo costs less then the Rover.

pottleflump mentioned about the 0% deals atm, could pick up a brandnew 1.4 active with that, its just as economic as the 1.2 and offers very similer performance to the 1.6 :)

Last edited:
Deckchair5 said:
Cars only need remaps if there's something wrong with the map in the first place! :p
Exactly, the maps are wrong to begin with - designed for the world market in mind, and not just country specific....reason why I rate a remap 100%, it gives the car what it should have had to begin with. There must be a multiple of reasons for motor companies doing this - detuning, insurance groupings, etc.

Back