General Performance of stilo?

Currently reading:
General Performance of stilo?

Andehso said:
ride wise, is it likely to be softer or stiffer, and how about cornering etc?

Ride wise the car feels much bigger, more planted, solid and stable at speed. Doing 70mph in the Stilo will feel like 100mph+ in the Saxo you have. The suspension is on the soft side and makes for a comfortable but not overtly sporty feel. This said it'll feel much better & firmer than the saxo and the bigger wheels/tyres and general weight of the car will give more confidence than in the Saxo. Noise wise the car is great, well sound proofed unlike the Saxo. Go for a test drive and I can almost guarantee you'll want to swap, the Saxo is such a tiny car, you'll feel like you have some space to breath in the Stilo.

Last edited by a moderator:
thepottleflump said:
Ride wise the car feels much bigger, more planted, solid and stable at speed. Doing 70mph in the Stilo will feel like 100mph+ in the Saxo you have. The suspension is on the soft side and makes for a comfortable but not overtly sporty feel. This said it'll feel much better & firmer than the saxo and the bigger wheels/tyres and general weight of the car will give more confidence than in the Saxo. Noise wise the car is great, well sound proofed unlike the Saxo. Go for a test drive and I can almost guarantee you'll want to swap, the Saxo is such a tiny car, you'll feel like you have some space to breath in the Stilo.

The 2.4 makes going at a steady 100mph + on the motorway seems like normal-it's rock solid-bags of oomph waiting to burst out - it just wants to go and go. Get to 4k revs and it really starts snarling and that's without the remap.

Had 137mph out my Abarth on friday night :cool: (obviously not on a public road officer!) with four up and a boot full of lugage, was still accelerating but the left hand seat verbal speed governer kicked in :yuck:

Felt absolutely planted and totally in control even at that speed :cool:

My last car was a Mitsubishi Galant that could achieve 145mph, that was a large car but never felt as solid as the Stilo at speed.

ProtoFJ said:
Had 137mph out my Abarth on friday night :cool: (obviously not on a public road officer!) with four up and a boot full of lugage, was still accelerating but the left hand seat verbal speed governer kicked in :yuck:

Felt absolutely planted and totally in control even at that speed :cool:

My last car was a Mitsubishi Galant that could achieve 145mph, that was a large car but never felt as solid as the Stilo at speed.

Sounds very interesting - where would that be? I want a go! :D

Scorg said:
he cant really afford to go arbarth so maybe best not to keep going on about it, its a bit unfair dont you think ;)

i couldnt have said it better myself, its slowly killing me. :p

Back