Technical Panda multijet brakes upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical Panda multijet brakes upgrade

shanere51

Hi

Is there anyone on here or does anyone know of someone using the panda 1.3 multijet discs and callipers on a seicento or cinquecento. I have the calipers off the panda just not sure how easily they will fit.

They are for the 240 mm vented discs which would be a nice upgrade especially if they fitted in the original 13's.

Thanks

Shane.

The brakes are off a 2006 model. Yes I have just the calipers and carriers, I wasn't aware of any frame or bracket they might be mounted on, I'll take a look in the guides and see if I can find anything thanks!

Sorry yes I thought you meant there is an extra bracket between the hub and the carrier. I have the carrier/frame and callipers.

Tried test fitting them yesterday with just the original seicento discs and they didn't seem to be able to reach the mounting holes in the hub. Basically the disc diameter was too large but it is the same diameter as the vented discs designed for use with the panda calipers so maybe an extension bracket between the hub and carrier might push the whole assembly out enough to fit?

I hope that makes sense

I have also seen talks of drilling out larger holes in the hubs, but this won't solve the problem of the disc fowling on the discs

Last edited:
Have discs and pads now, going to try fit it all tomorrow and see how it goes.

Went to try them today. The disc and caliper will fit nicely into the original 13s. Only problem I have is attaching the carrier to the hub.

The arm on the carrier that attaches to the hub is not long enough and hence fouls on the outer edge of the disc, the other problem is the the arm is slightly wider then the original seicentos so the disc won't actually fit on because the arm is pushing the disc off the hub.

I'm hoping I can make some sort of bracket and modify the hub and or carrier to fit. Otherwise it looks like it will be a nice upgrade that isn't over expensive compared with the Punto GT or Uno turbo brakes as well as being able to keep the original wheels.

Shane

So after much head scratching I have decided against using the panda brakes in the end. It may be possible to fit them onto the original seicento hub by moving the whole caller up a few degrees from where it normally sits. This would allow space for 2 brackets to be made up to attach the carrier to the hubs original mounting holes. They would probably have to be made up on a milling machine. Even after this I'm still not sure how well they fit on.

The discs would have to be spaced out as well because of the thickness of the carrier which leaves nothing for the wheel to sit on safety. As a result of all this I decided I would give up on the idea. Only other possibility would be to use the panda hubs and that opens up a lot more questions..

I have carriers and callipers laying around off a MK1 Punto elx. All though these discs are not vented they are 257mm in diameter so they are an improvement. I can't seem to find any information about using these brakes on seicentos/cinqs but I believe they were used on a few Alfa's as well.

I have managed to fit these brakes inside the original 13 inch wheels. The carriers and callipers are a direct fit onto the seicento. The only modification to be made was to remove some of the material on the outer surface of the caliper and small part of the carrier. They just fit in snug in the wheel. I have yet to fit new discs and pads which may lead to a spacer on the wheel to give me a little more clearance as the sporting wheels have a decreasing internal diameter the closer you get to the center of the wheel where the bolt holes are if that makes sense.

Hopefully this is of some use to someone in the future and the simple answer is no panda multijet brakes aren't a direct fit without lots of modification.

Shane

Back